Importance of Being an Organized Auctioneer

Organization does something very important for auctioneers, and that's save time. The more time you have the more auctions you can sell, markets you can explore, and fun you can have in wow. Auctioneer already saves you huge amounts of time, but if you don't make use of snatch and batch post then you aren't going to be performing anywhere near as well as someone that does. What I do is I have all the items I want for all my crafting toons listed in one snatch list. I view the list, buy out any items that appear (though I keep an eye out for unusually large amounts of items for shifts in the market) and then I mail out the goods to my crafters, craft my items, and then post the auctions on the crafting toons. The fun for me is in being super organized and running a mini-business where I get to buy out lots of goods and modify them for great profits. Over time I've learned to focus my efforts mostly on the items that are going to make me the most gold, and that wouldn't have been possible without organization.

So how can you get organized with auctioneer? First, you need to learn how to use the snatch tool and not just how it works, but how to really use it. You'll need to learn when to update the numbers on your tool, when to use percentages instead of real values, etc. After that you will need to setup your batch post properly. Now that doesn't mean just mass post all your items at max stacks and for set prices, instead you should be setting up batch post to limit the total number of items you post at one time and to have prices based on market value for some items but fixed value for others. Eventually you'll be ready for the next and final step to organizing your business: Quick Auction, which allows you to easily cancel and repost items.

In the long run taking the time and effort to setup your business correctly will allow you to reap the rewards of being an organized businessman. What's more, you will easily be able to add markets to these addons as you grow. To give you an example of the power of these tools, I went from an obscene number of hours a night to around one for posting my items thanks to these addons.

4 comments: on "Importance of Being an Organized Auctioneer"

  1. Great posting :0

    The only tidbit that I can add is try to take 5 minutes at the end of all of your Ah activities and make sure things are tidied up as well as can be.

    By making this a habit, you will save alot of time in the end because you arent chasing things around plus I personally like how everything just pops off the screen :)

    No matter the size of your operation, try to keep it clean, simple and organized. it will server you so well

    BB78

  2. I totally agree on this one. For me, I do basically the exact same thing as I did a few months back, but now it costs me much, much less time. With all the tradeskill alts and glyph sellers and what not you have to relog quite a bit. Once you smooth everything out and have it organized in your mind, know what goes in which bank/inventory and so on - you can cut back big time on relogging and crafting. Also, once you have more capital you can do your crafts in larger batches, also giving you more time or at least more time afk. So it just keeps getting better once you get it together.

  3. A key variable to optimize your profits, however the common denominator is Time.

    Perhaps if people would apply these concepts and best practices to real life, they can make more real money instead of wasting all your time playing a video game. so sad but true...

    Good thing my cousin is a GM in WoW and just hooks me up with gold and loot. It definitely takes away from the game though...

  4. I have some AH addons, but the thing is that I dont trust anyone or anything other than myself so I always check many times to see that nothing is wrong, so I dont end up saving that much time anyway :p

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide