Abyss Crystals in Sets of 10


This was once a shiny piece of relevant gear...

Buying Items at a Discount

You've heard me talk in the past about buying things wholesale like illusion dust, saronite bars, infinite dust, etc. and then turning around to sell them one at a time without flooding too much. Well there's an interesting item which you can get away with selling in bulk for more than individually.

Let's take a look at the lovely and shiny Abyss Crystal. This item is needed in stacks of 10 for several major weapon enchants, thus players will opt out of buying 10 individual crystals for the ease of clicking twice to pick up one stack of 10. The buyer is usually someone running to the ah to get the mats needed for an enchanter they're going to tip for 50 gold to make their enchant for that new weapon they picked up in ICC. Why not provide a small service to these players by posting 10 abyss crystals at 125% value? I'm sure they'll appreciate the less clicking and you'll appreciate the increased sales.

Give it a try, the deposit is 0 after all and the worst case scenario is that you sell back the abyss crystals for a slight mark up one at a time to cover the cost of the experiment.

If you find yourself with tons of abyss crystals and are unable to sell them, perhaps you should look into shattering them for dusts and essences. I will look to do this particularly when cataclysm arrives and people are looking for dusts/essences to level with.

11 comments: on "Abyss Crystals in Sets of 10"

  1. I agree that matching your stack to the size of the task works great. I do this a lot with ores and herbs - batches of 5 sell much better than singles or full stacks of 20. Same with Relics of Ulduar - sell them in stacks needed for the repgrind instead of your full stack of 200.

  2. I agree that matching your stack to the size of the task works great. I do this a lot with ores and herbs - batches of 5 sell much better than singles or full stacks of 20. Same with Relics of Ulduar - sell them in stacks needed for the repgrind instead of your full stack of 200.

  3. One of the first ways I learned about the auction house was leveling my miner.
    I would buy ore in stacks and sell the bars individually..I was just happy to level..imagine my surprise when I made gold just doing that..I could not believe people were that lazy..miners putting up ore in stacks that was more valuable individually.
    Really one of my first ah lessons.

    by the way...anyone else have trouble with blizzard downloader?

  4. One minor point... the deposit cost is NOT zero, not anymore. Sure, Auctioneer *says* it is, but keep a close eye on what actually happens. Blizzard stuck in a minimum 1s listing fee on the AH a patch or two ago (as best I can tell).

  5. Really small nit to pick. 0 deposits no longer exist. Blizz made the minimum AH deposit 1 silver a while ago. I just noticed in August, though I'm not sure how long it was like that before I noticed. They never put it into any patch notes.

  6. FYI Markco, all items now have a minimum deposit cost, so those Abyss Crystals actually have a deposit of 1s now. Not a lot, but I thought I'd point it out. This changed in patch 3.3.5 I believe.

  7. Actually the cost is not zero. Blizzard implemented a minimum deposit cost on all items of 1 silver some time back. Maybe the "Gold Guru" should spend a little less time marketing himself and a little more keeping up with news and changes.

  8. Don't enchanting mats and scrolls now all have a 1 silver deposit cost?

  9. Yes everything have a minimum deposit of 1 silver. Even glyph on a 12hrs post cost 1silver now instead of a few copper.

    1 silver is the minimum deposit for everything now.

    Note that item like abyss have 1 silver deposit for 12 / 24 / 48 hrs.

  10. What's that addon that you're using for the info about the item?

  11. He is using enchantrix that came with the pack of the auctioneer

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide