Well I decided to buy the Korin Tor ring today, not just because it will be nice for dps when pvp starts again but because I wanted to be able to say that I'm done with every major money sink in the game. The mammoth, ring, epic mount, and cold weather flying... that's approximately 32 thousand gold!
If you are still behind on these crazy money sinks... have no fear, Markco is here! LoL. But seriously, here's my money tip for today:
How to avoid flooding. Last time I posted on how to use flooding to influence markets and drop prices, but this time I'm going to show you how to avoid changing a market you are happy with. An example of a market you might not want plumetting might be greater cosmic essences. Are you disenchanting greens and making a killing off the essences? Well then you definately do not want to have that price drop any time soon.
To avoid flooding it's very simple, but so many people post too many items at a time because they don't understand how markets work. If you post two greater cosmic essences at 30 gold a peice and the going price is 34 then they are going to sell that day for sure. If you post ten greater cosmic essences at 33 gold you are going to get undercut and nothing will sell (maybe one or two but as soon as someone sees what you've done you're going to get pwned). As the example shows it is better to post relatively few items (1-2% of the total market in any item) with a modest undercut then to post a crapton of it at a minimal undercut.
In closing, if you're going to undercut by less then a gold I would advise posting very few items since you are just encouraging someone to undercut you by just as much. Keep in mind that especially in this exaple that in the enchanting market it costs nothing to cancel an auction and undercut you. So now you know how to maintain a market through non-flooding and from last week you know how to flood a market to control pricing. Go pwn some markets!
Popular Posts
-
Besides being a proud American and an enterprising entrepreneur, I am also a member of the Roman Catholic Church (tithing ftl). This being s...
-
This strategy was written quite a long time ago when snowfall inks sold like hotcakes (they still can for the faire but it's better to c...
-
Update: Silly me didn't read the fine print and Blizzard slid a low ball in, You can't stockpile valor for 4.2 as it will be conver...
-
Just My Two Copper's One Year Anniversary is today! So much has happened and been going on that I didn't really even notice the time...
-
Scott Alan Smith is a Crook! Edit: Screen shots and proof/explanation of the cookie stuffing Scott has used in the past are present a...
-
Update: Scott Smith, one of the coaches, had an issue with his account being rebilled accidentally. Here is our conversation for those inte...
-
Today is going to be really fun if everyone participates. Go ahead and place in the comments section your absolute favorite way to make gold...
-
I was selling glyphs every fifteen seconds the first two hours of the patch, and it's the most fun I've had in a while on the auctio...
-
Perhaps you were considering 'cashing out' and calling it quits with the end of the wotlk expansion? Maybe you thought you could sel...
-
Post by Kammler from Kammler's Korner One of my favorite movies is the 2004 King Arthur (Clive Owen, Keira Knightley) Not only is it...



0 comments: on "No Money Sink Too Deep!"
Post a Comment