Auctions in world of warcraft do not stop during server down times, even the 8 hour down times we see about every other tuesday. Server down time may be when you search blogs like this one for every ounce of wow information you can find or listen to podcasts like Call to Auction or Castaclysm but it should also be a time when you sit comfortably knowing that a whole bunch of loot is waiting for you after the maintenance is over.
How you ask?
Well something you may or may not be aware of is that auctions continue to 'roll' so to speak even during maintenance. If I bid on an auction with two hours left just before my server goes down then I will have won it by the time servers come back up. What the game does is check to see if an auction should of ended when servers come online and if it is past its expiration date then the auction is closed and the proper actions taken.
Therefore it is a perfectly valid strategy to place bids on any item with 2-12 hours remaining with a few minutes left to go before server shut down. I do this whenever I have time on a random tuesday morning with maintenance and it has netted fabulous results.
Popular Posts
-
Besides being a proud American and an enterprising entrepreneur, I am also a member of the Roman Catholic Church (tithing ftl). This being s...
-
This strategy was written quite a long time ago when snowfall inks sold like hotcakes (they still can for the faire but it's better to c...
-
Update: Silly me didn't read the fine print and Blizzard slid a low ball in, You can't stockpile valor for 4.2 as it will be conver...
-
Just My Two Copper's One Year Anniversary is today! So much has happened and been going on that I didn't really even notice the time...
-
Update: Scott Smith, one of the coaches, had an issue with his account being rebilled accidentally. Here is our conversation for those inte...
-
Scott Alan Smith is a Crook! Edit: Screen shots and proof/explanation of the cookie stuffing Scott has used in the past are present a...
-
Perhaps you were considering 'cashing out' and calling it quits with the end of the wotlk expansion? Maybe you thought you could sel...
-
There’s a lot of information to sort through when bidding, buying, or posting items on the auction house. In fact it’s too much for any one ...
-
Today is going to be really fun if everyone participates. Go ahead and place in the comments section your absolute favorite way to make gold...
-
Post by Kammler from Kammler's Korner One of my favorite movies is the 2004 King Arthur (Clive Owen, Keira Knightley) Not only is it...



3 comments: on "Bidding Just Before Reset"
Anonymous said... May 24, 2010 at 9:32 PM
What are some of the items that you have done this with? Or do u just use auctioneer to find some things that are worth while?
Anonymous said... May 25, 2010 at 8:44 AM
I think the best things are always trade goods because use them to level and use them to craft needed items. Cloth, ore, leather, herbs should be on every snatch list.
Morbit said... May 30, 2010 at 6:29 PM
The question I have is how do you know which auctions will be ending during maintenance? I'm at work right now so I can't check but doesn't the AH show the time it was posted for not how much time is remaining?
Post a Comment