Epic Engineering Gold Tip

Want to know a way to make an easy 5,000g with engineering? I posted about this way back over at The Gnomish Coin, and it generated a lot of buzz as many people did not know about this awesome gold making "trick".

The way the process works is you use your Wormhole Generator: Northrend and if you get lucky you get the option of going to the Underground. Once you get the option to you'll get to trade with a vendor named Kaye Toogie, which has multiple rare patterns that are worth anywhere from 250-5,000g.

Keep in mind that you do need some luck on your side, in the past 6 months I've only ever gotten the option of going to "underground" three times. I've always managed to sell the patterns anywhere from 3-5,500g, and all for about a single mouse click once every four hours.

The three schematics are
  • Schematic: Arcanite Dragonling
  • Schematic: Mechanical Dragonling
  • Schematic: Mithril Mechanical Dragonling
Out of the above schematics, the Arcanite Dragonling Schematic is the best. This is currently the only place ( that I know of ) where you can obtain the Arcanite Dragonling schematic, which is why it's valued for so much. I've personally sold it for as much as 4,500 multiple times. Recipe completionists are out there, it just might take some time to find them.

So for a couple minutes worth of work you can net yourself an easy couple thousand gold, pretty epic tip/gold making hint huh? Now go use to Wormhole cooldowns! :)

6 comments: on "Epic Engineering Gold Tip"

  1. I've gotten the underground option three times and each time she doesn't sell anything, I wonder if my generator is broken or I just have the worst luck in the world :(

  2. theantikathy said... March 26, 2011 at 2:58 PM

    I thought the random thing was bunk.. the first two times I used my generator I got Underground, and thought it was a regular option. HAH! None since.

    I do use it to port to Sholozar every three days for a new egg. Pets still sell nicely, and since I'm popping it regularly anyway, why not?

  3. I had the same problem with getting in but her not selling anything. I even logged out there in the hopes that maybe she would regenerate the patterns but no go. I kept checking in but no patterns.

  4. That is a bug, it happens quite often actually. I think if someone was there before you and bought the recipes you won't be able to buy them. It's very weird how she works, not really sure.

  5. The recipes are limited in their amount. I am not sure of the respawn time on the recipes though.

  6. After 6 months of trying, I finally got the Underground option last month. Unfortunately the recipes refuse to sell. I'm not sure that the recipe is as highly valued as it once was, and anyone who is after it probably already has a Wormhole Generator of their own and knows that eventually they can get it themselves.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide