Three Year Secret to Amazing Warcraft Gold Strategies

Three Year Old Secret?

Remember when JMTC was the shining star amongst gold blogs? Yes, it still is the largest in terms of sheer traffic, but something has been missing since I left. In my egotistical manner I used to believe that it was simply because I wasn’t writing here anymore. In actuality, and I have commenters from this past week’s posts to thank for the personal epiphany, the truly crucial and lacking component was the reasoning behind why strategies I wrote about actually worked. Instead of just writing “here’s strategy X” and “it works,” I used to write my reasoning behind applying a gold tip and in this way I provided value to every reader of the blog, not just the ones directly impacted by a specific post.

JMTC was a crucial part of many of your successful auctioneering experiences because of this simple element within my writing. I truly believe that anyone can do the same thing I did with the right mindset and motivation.

The New Team of Experts

That being said, we don’t need a hundred random voices contributing here at JMTC. It was an interesting idea, but in practice proved to be far too much work to make a reality. Organizing the posts, editing, correcting, etc proved to be too much for me and far too many weak posts made it through. Not that the writers as a whole did a bad job, I blame myself for most issues, but there’s a forum for these writers after all instead of the front page. What we really need are a handful of truly dedicated writers who can stay on top of the game and also manage their own posts on this site. If you think you’re up to the challenge, then be sure to read the following requirements!



  • 1. Capable of spending 10-20 minutes writing a 400+ word post each week (posts can be scheduled in advance).
  • 2. Knowledgeable of blogger (I can teach you in about 10 minutes what will be required).
  • 3. Understand basic HTML (href, blockquote, jump tag, etc). Also teachable.
  • 4. Willing to write well thought out posts that go beyond just saying farm here or do this for gold. Incorporate a background strategy or thought process that makes the gold tip valuable for every reader. Basically: be a leader.
  • 5. Able to stay up to date on in-game news and create articles regarding hot topics when necessary.
  • 6. Having real gold making experience; recommended 250,000 or more gold acquired since cataclysm.
  • 7. Willing to check the blog once or twice a week to respond to comments and approve new ones.
  • 8. Have a social media account (or create a new one) to allow for natural spreading of your content as well as an alternative method for communication with readers. Required to have at least one of the following: Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Separate Blog, Reddit, Google Plus, etc.


If you think you can fulfill these requirements then please send me an example post (don’t introduce yourself in the post, just pretend it’s post #989 for you and you’re pro at this) along with a short resume (only information pertinent to the position). Your resume can be as long or short as you want, even just a few sentences explaining your background information and qualifications for writing to this audience. Be sure to include in your resume whether you pass all of the criteria I listed here and if you need additional training or assistance for any of them.

I will not be accepting everyone who submits their information for this position. Right now I am limiting myself to 7 writers maximum, posting once every week. All writers will work together to allow for communication amongst the team and to support each other. If you’re interested, then don’t hesitate to get your information submitted to me.

Considerable Monetary Compensation

Writers will earn 10 dollars per post, and will be expected to spend between 10 to 20 minutes writing each article. The best contributor for the month will receive a $30 bonus, based on pageviews, comments, and originality; so there is incentive to try and go above and beyond the minimum requirements.

In addition to the weekly postings, writers can work with me to write guest posts for other blogs and get a $5 bonus per accepted guest post on blogs for sites with larger than 500 subscribers. Approval is required before you submit the guest post to the site.

Each writer will have a signature that includes their social media contact information and one or two lines about themselves. If you are a blogger then you can choose to have a link to your blog as well.

Readers, You Can Help Find The New Team

For the readers, if you want better writers then please:


  • COMMENT BELOW!
  • SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!
  • RECOMMEND EXPERTS YOU KNOW!


I expect to see many of the successful new writers who have posted these past two months to submit their resumes for this position. I could definitely see a few being accepted provided that they can post consistently.

I’ll be leaving this post on the front page all weekend, and once the new team is assembled I will work with them to schedule the first week of posts. After that these people will be your community leaders and in charge of running the blog. I’ll try to step back and allow them to exercise their professionalism.

In other news, I am looking to sell JMTC, but I want to return it to its former glory before doing so. I think I owe you all that much for sticking with the blog for so long. If you are quitting wow or interested in taking gold making to the next level, be sure to follow my Diablo 3 Gold Blog.

12 comments: on "Three Year Secret to Amazing Warcraft Gold Strategies"

  1. I, for one, am looking forward to the new writers and concepts. The ol' "just do this and you'll be rich" scheme does pan out for very many readers because often it is entirely server specific. The majority of "tips" lately would not work on my particular server, but probably did so for a few.

    I would suggest to readers to take the information for its face value and then research if it is feasible on your particular server before sinking a considerable amount of gold into it. You never know it may be an untapped market on your server or an absolute bust.

    Of course, this is just my opinion, and everyone knows what they say about opinions.

  2. Two great tips to improve your site:

    1) put the blog roll back in

    2) stop being such an arrogant prick

  3. Well done Markco, I hope you wull find good writers. And "bravo!" for the RM (real money) incentives.

  4. This is an excellent, gutsy, and well thought out move. The idea that seemed good ("hey, let's try a free and open approach to bringing in new writers!") wasn't quite on the mark, but it was close. I think this more structured plan will work out better. I really appreciate your straightforwardness about long-term intentions for the site.

    In all sincerity, I wish you and the upcoming new team the very best. I hope it all works out, and I look forward to continuing to regard JMTC as an important part of my WoW gold-making adventures.

    Good luck to the writing team applicants!

  5. @handera

    What does the blogroll have to do with improving his site?

    I was blogging for three months and 75% of my page views came from JMTC--you know what? I was a terrible gold blogger and the only reason I was able to float along on BS posts was because of Markco's generosity with putting me on his blogroll. Why is it his responsibility to get other bloggers page views? He still has a blogroll--its just MUCH smaller than what it used to be. Gold Queens gold guide for teenagers which I don't personally endorse but Markco does so I can respect that. Hes got his diablso 3 blog and then he was gracious enough to put his name on Addicted To Azeroth.

    I fail to understand how he is an arrogant prick for letting the crappy gold bloggers, myself included, die off and force them to get page viewers by quality content. The only thing I can say is that I picked up page viewers even after he took down the blogroll--it did not affect me at all.

    So if building a great website and protecting its integrity and constantly trying to get new writers and building it up and learning from past mistakes is being an arrogant prick. Then sure, I support this arrogant prick.

  6. If anything, I would not really define him as "arrogant". You know a good example of "arrogant prick" blogger? The owner of GreedyGoblin.

  7. There are three writers so far among the submissions that I believe will be good fits for the site. I'm hoping for four more but regardless I'll try to get everything up and running within a week. I'd like to do it right this time.

    Sorry to see the disappointment in some and thank you for the support from others. Change is tough, but we can make it beneficial to all.

  8. Your readers called. You answered. That's good enough and you're following the right direction. Good luck!

  9. It's not often that you see tough criticism taken in the right direction. Especially from the arrogant. I'm glad you read these post and are taking steps to fix what's not working. I'd say I'm sorry any harsh posts you received. But, they worked. It may have been the kick in the butt you needed. I for one will be adding this site back to my favorites and checking back often.

    I'm sure you've heard the timeless idea that's been proven in nature as well as business since the beginning of all things "Change, or Die." I applaud you for trying something new even though it didn't work. And I applaud you for changing yet again to prevent the inevitable.

    It's good to see you struggling Marcko. I don't mean that maliciously. The struggle is what keeps things interesting.

    /endrant

    tl:dr

    It's good to see some real effort being put back in to this site. Change or die marcko!

  10. Here's an interesting fact: today was the first time nothing was posted on the blog in a 24 hour period. That was a three year record haha.

    Four writers so far. I'll get in touch with them this weekend and get everyone organized.

    Looking forward to pleasing mr anonymous.

  11. I wouldn't think that anyone that was trying to help us with gold tips was a prick of any sort. I would gladly put forth my time to help If i actually could find a gold making method that worked eventually something will work. On another note I'm not just out for myself I am a Guild master trying to improve our wealth so we can be more helpful to our guild mates.

  12. I am currently emailing the four writers and working with them to set a date next week for each to start. They will then be responsible for posting every week at the same time each week.

    There are four, so I'm thinking of doing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday of each week for now.

    Would you prefer a different schedule?

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide