Gold Tips for the Arrival of the New Dragon Soul Raid




Hello again everyone. Alerick here again here to talk to you guys about the new Dragon Soul raid and the gold making opportunities it brings with it. The new raid features two sections, each containing four bosses. Each boss on regular and heroic ONLY (that means no LFR) will drop a mote of darkness, excluding Deathwing which drops a mote that can be exchanged for a geode containing a guaranteed epic gem with a primary stat on it(agility, strength, intellect). The motes that drop from bosses in regular mode excluding Deathwing can be exchanged for a less valuable geode called a "Crystalline Geode", which has a chance to drop any of the epic gems, but at a much lower rate and will often include only common gems. I was lucky enough on my first open to receive a raw epic red gem which sold for about 10k gold within the hour I posted it. These gems can be cut by Jewelcrafters that purchased the recipes from regular using tokens obtained from the daily quests. These gems open up an exclusive and very lucrative market for us JCs who have a few cuts and are willing to put some gold into it.


Apart from gems, there are epic crafting reagents called "Essence of Destruction" similar to Living Embers and Primordial Saronites in the sense that they can be used to craft item level appropriate gear to that raid, and are commonly dropped off of these bosses. Since there is such a demand for all of the new gear, these essences will be going for extremely good prices, and I have already made quite a bit of gold by just buying them up on weekends when the supply is high, and selling them off immediately after raid times on my server when all of the raiders are looking to upgrade their gear.


This brings me to my third and final segment regarding epic recipes and patterns for the new Dragon Soul raid. There are a multitude of craftable items taught by recipes dropped in the new raid that can be created using these Essences of Destruction among other materials and sold to high end raiders for a premium price so early after the patch while many of the materials are still scarce. I know for a fact that MANY of these are well itemized and best in slot items for all of Dragon Soul regular, and while people are still looking to fully upgrade their gear, the hardcore raiders will be first in line to snag any possible upgrade to help with progression. If you are as lucky as I was when I got an epic BoE pattern while running the raid, you have the option to learn it on a character of yours and craft it for some profit, or sell it to someone who wants it either for their guild, or to further expand their profession's repertoire. I chose to sell mine for a premium price, because similar to the Firelands epic recipe drops, I am assuming that these recipes are at their zenith in price point now. The only way to go in terms of price is down now, as more people explore the content and obtain the patterns, it will decrease. However I chose to do this solely because the item I got was neither best in slot nor itemized well. If you happen to be one of the first on your server with a best in slot recipe by all means learn it and abuse it. This is one of the best ways to make gold and depending on how long it is before someone else gets the pattern, there's no telling how much profit you could make.


If you want to give me any feedback, have any suggestions for future topics, or just want to get in touch with me. Feel free to contact me through my twitter @AlerickF

0 comments: on "Gold Tips for the Arrival of the New Dragon Soul Raid"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide