Happy new tear



Congratulations on playing wow in 2012.  May your mailbox be always full of sales.  And no-one undercuts your best items.    As with any holiday you will get more casual users than normal,  so keep an eye on the AH for discounts on materials.

If your a Jewelcrafter,  hopefully you are still doing your dailies even if you have all of the patterns.  Especially looking at how Nightmare tears have been up and down in demand.     A quick 10 minute
trip can easily net you 200-400 on many servers.

The also goes with the cataclsym jewelcrafting daily.   If you haven't finished purchasing all of your rare gem patterns,  keep doing the dailies til you have.   The experiment of limiting the ilevel of gemmed armor will probably will occur with the MOP expansion later this year.   If the demand for wrath level gems is any indication you will be well ahead of your competition by having the patterns ready to cut.   Also look to stock up on blanks to help level future Jewelcrafters in the next expansion.

One last thing.  There has been some rumblings from the EU servers and some of the US servers of dupe items showing up again.   These seem to be especially applying to Essence of Destruction and Epic Gems.    Remember that if a deal looks too good to be true,  it probably is.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at  "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here.   You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server,  chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.

Past articles by Mommar:

Tip the light fantastic

Tis the season to be goblins

My rod shall comfort thee.. and make gold










5 comments: on "Happy new tear"

  1. You're, not 'your' a jewelcrafter. Come on now :) Proofreading FTW.

  2. Just saw 3 queen's garnet up for 150g each after reading this post. Made sure not to buy them because dealing with blizzard And duped items isn't very fun.

    Thanks for the tip! :D

  3. @anonymous
    You got me there, I will blame the 2 shots of rum I had before typing it in. and fire my proofreader

    @anonymous
    Your a better person than I am on that one. I might have actually snatched that one up quickly. At that cheap you can't go wrong. I would probably say that was more someone who mistyped a number in their auctions than someone who was duping.

    dumping players don't make those mistakes, lets say on your server the Queen's garnet are going for 8k, you see 100 of them for a total of 500k. That would make me question whether they are duped. Mostly because

    - You would have had to had the boss killed 500 times to get even a chance for that many

    - The random number generator would have been very forgiving and hit queen's garnet every time

    -Guildees would not have killed the person for not sharing in the guild to get their armor up.

    I"ve dipped my toe in a little bit into the Epic gem market and have had marginal success. maybe if I was on a stronger raiding server it might be different. But til blizzard gets epic gems into circulation more (transmute ftw) I'm very hesitant to get all the way in.

    Thanks for the comments

  4. There have been solid cases of duped epic gems known for awhile now. They are usually being sold through trade chat in bulk quantitie
    s(20-40 gems) and the seller continually lowers prices until he saturates the market then moves on to another server. This has been publicly known for at least a month, anyone who gets paid to follow the gold community should have know about it long ago.

  5. Duped items have been around since the beginning of WOW.

    But they ebb and flow as the market allows them. Yes, people who follow the market have known for a month. But nothing can hurt to remind people when they start heavily investing in items.

    appreciate the comment,

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide