The Borean Leather Crisis - July 4th Gold Mine

Go farm borean leather. Farm it immediately. Use my iceweb spidersilk and borean leather farming spot if you have to or better yet use the best aoe spot in the game for leather: the Mammoth and Worms of storm peaks. Why? Because all of the gold farmers are dead. Borean leather has almost tripled in price on some servers and the end result is that people are running out of both epic and rare leg armor types. As the leg armors disappear at their old prices players are finding that they cannot afford to craft the armor at this point with prices so high, so you know what they do? They stop crafting and leg armors become super expensive.



This weekend is the ultimate chance to make gold for leather workers. You are going to have one of the busiest wow weekends (with new players back from school and a three day American holiday) in the year to sell during a time when very few auctioneers will have the ability to sell leg armor kits at the old prices.

Obviously you will want to sell every other item you can, unless of course you're a bum like me and going to see two families for the holidays. You will make an absolute killing and I'm jealous!

My prediction is that eventually the gold farmers will get their bots or even human players back on the borean leather grind but until then start buying that leather for 20 gold a stack and craft your leg armor kits to sell at far more than the current rate. I almost feel like it's the start of the expansion and farming your own leather is more profitable than buying it. I've mixed buying leather for 2x what I used to pay for it and farming to at least make an attempt at keeping my supply of leg armors. Sadly I have slowly been losing the supply battle and ran out of leg armors this week. I will try to farm today and then post Friday morning for 48 hours. Even if I put up 20 of each armor type I doubt I will have any left over.

The market is ripe for those that can get their hands on borean leather because the mats to make the armors (icy dragonscales, nerubian chitin, and eternal earths) are all down in price from players not crafting and excess supply from before the farmers were slaughtered unmercifully by blizzard. Don't limit yourself to epic armor kits however as the rares will be just as good and also don't forget about heavy borean armor kits. I will be selling those rare and uncommon leg kits for 100-300 gold each. Be careful with jormungar leg armor as those can be difficult to profit off of due to the high cost of jormungar scales. Most people who see this opportunity will focus on their epic leg armors and fail to see the equally amazing opportunity in selling both rare and uncommon kits in addition to the epics.

Good luck this weekend and go make a killing leather workers! Happy holidays for those that are celebrating.

PS: If you're like me and cannot get your hands on as many mats as you'd like to (especially frozen orbs) then don't be afraid to buy out the crafted leg armor already on the auction house for it's normal price (what was normal before the farmers disappeared) because this weekend they will almost double for sure. I am buying all epic leg armor below 200 gold on my server and selling it for 350-500 gold this weekend. Don't be afraid to let demand take care of a few undercutters as well; ie. if two people post below you by 100 gold either buy them out or let the market do it for you.

24 comments: on "The Borean Leather Crisis - July 4th Gold Mine"

  1. on my server prices did not move

    15g stack. I suppose this was a one time thing because of the downtime

  2. 15 gold is way more than it should be. I used to buy the leather for 8 gold a stack by the hundreds.

  3. Me again
    On my realm this used to be the normal price[between 70s-1g]

    btw I hope you received the suggestion to talk about stack sizes in your next CTA podcast

  4. 30g/stack on Terokkar Right now.
    Makes me wish I was a Skinner.....

  5. Actually someone just bought the few stacks that were on the ah and the price is now 40g/stack

  6. being on a european realm I guess people still have alot of supply, buying all leather under 50 silver just to try it out :p

  7. I don't understand what you mean by "all of the gold farmers are dead." Did I miss something?

  8. Psh, whatever Markco, don't you know Blizzard ignores, heck, SUPPORTS bots and farmers!?

    All joking aside...I have noticed strange happenings as well, as many of the ores/bars I follow have been spiking or dropping suddenly. I've been buying some of the dumpers who havent noticed the newer and higher prices, but my buying is down and I'm running out of stuff to sell!

  9. Bought out the AH for 22-25g/stack, reposted them all at +-35g a stack, let the gold come to me ;)

    (EU server)

  10. If you don't have leatherworking then this is precisely how you should react. Good job!

  11. thx, let's hope they sell ;)

  12. 15-20g/stack has been a normal price for borean leather ever since one could buy arctic furs for 10 heavy borean leather, on my server.

    No regrets from dropping skinning for jewelcrafting (well, except sometimes when stinky and precious lie dead with no one to skin them).

  13. This would absolutely be true...if the gold farmers hadn't already gotten around the ne version of Warden. There was a short spike on everything for a week or so, but the farmers are back in force now. I had to buy Saronite at 20g/stack for a while and epic gems were 140 uncut, but the prices have normalized again and the usual sellers are showing back up on the AH on my server, at least.

  14. ok Marco second time this question comes up. Where did all the farmers go?

  15. Can you please tell us where all the farmers went Marco?

  16. What did I miss? Why are farmbots dead?

  17. OT but how did you find me on fb :o

  18. Farmers are still around on my server. There are two toons camping the AH 24/7 as usual, doing the cancel / undercut thing. Of course, Blizzard does nothing. Really annoying.

    1 stack Borean leather = 11g on my server at the moment.

  19. Farmbots are hiding atm. A new release to warden has been implemented.

    here is were I found it:

    http://www.warcraftecon.net/?p=2444

  20. Guys please no more comments on whether your server has farmers or not, the point of this post is how to make gold with regards to the recent change in farmer numbers. My server still has farmers too but when they post their wares are gone within a few minutes.

  21. I think blizz has shot themselves in the foot a bit. Yeah they got rid of a bunch of farmers, but there are still gold sellers. So what is a gold seller to do if they lose their botting toons when they have an order to fill? They hack an account. I remember starting out as a miner/skinner and being annoyed at the obvious botters, but with the unintended consequence being a huge spike in hacked accounts, I say bring back the bots, if you can put the hacking genie back in the bottle.


    As an aside. Does anyone have a problem buying goods off an obviously hacked account. Example: abyss crystals in trade for 15 each, then when your trade window opens it gets filled with high level items and the toon wispers a price for less than 50% market.

  22. I don't have a problem buying from hacked accounts. If I don't, someone else surely will, so I may as well be the one to benefit.

  23. Everything is server specific. If you understand how to make gold you know you cannot blindly follow anyones strategy and that includes Marko.

    Sure I made a great deal last night selling leg armor but it was because the normal sellers were not on. Today we are back to long lists of leg armor at the old prices.. Borean Leather was scarce two weeks ago....but is now still very plentiful and I havent changed my buying habits. Just as farmers may be gone doesnt mean you server will change.

    It is summer time which also has a huge impact on prices. As always, be aware of what is going on and watch the trends.

  24. I have to agree with the last poster ... I too the risk of buying up leather to make the leg armor, and well, let's just say it's not going so well .. lol

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide