O my O my O my


(video courtesy mmo-champion.com and youtube.com)

To borrow a phrasing from Quagmire of Family Guy fame.  Giggity Giggity.. Giggity.

There is one big reason why I detest mob farming.   Separate when you have to skin mobs for leathers,  that's a part of the farming necessity.   It's having to stop after 4-6 kills and individually gather up what they have,  then start killing again.   If you don't stop,   then it times out.  Or even more annoying when your on a speed run and your tank just wants to burn through everything,  non stop without the need to loot mobs.

It may be a teaser,   it may be the powers that be playing with our minds.  But Mists of Pandaria beta has AOE loot access.   Play the video and at the top and you will get a taste of the looting goodness.  It wouldn't be the first time a cool feature from a beta doesn't make the finished product (can you say Dance Studio?) but this would definitely make a large change in the mob looting strategy.  Especially dealing with reputation grinds.   Kill... kill... kill.  Loot.  Kill Kill Kill

What does this mean to the gold goblin soul?     Faster looting,   less irritation with getting left behind on low level runs.  And more Gold per hour looting in the future.   All that warm my little gold loving heart.

But then you look at the other side of the coin.   Is there a negative to something like this?   Is it possible that blizzard will adjust this by lowering drop rates on certain items?   Anytime that blizzard has adjusted looting rolls and looting rules,   they tend to adjust on the downside for reputation grinding purposes.   To make it even out as far as getting exalted reputation.

Is this going to open up the solo running of dungeons if you can do a low level dungeon in 3-4 pulls and fill your bags in minutes?   In 70's tank gear I used to try to three pull Scarlet Monastery.   Taking me longer to loot all the mobs in the throne room than it did to finish the instance (I really really wanted the hat from there).  

How is this going to effect farming in general?   Areas with more compact mob packs will be AOE'd down and looted in minutes.   And the items they drop arrive on the AH in more frequency?

Okay,  enough of the questions,  back to Giggity .... giggity o my giggity.


Good luck and good hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.


5 habits of successful goblins

Its all in the bag

They call me the mad hatter


Should I sell or should I use


Upgrade your game, and your sales


Cruising around









0 comments: on "O my O my O my"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide