Are the days of Warcraft Millionaires Over?


My brain was chugging along this week as i was working security for an outdoor concert coming up with ideas and plans for the next few weeks.   Waiting for the opening of Mists of Pandaria and starting to lower down my posting on some items has given me some free time.   One of the questions I asked myself is whether "gold millionaire" status will be as elite as it is now.

There are many journals,  blogs,  podcasts and strategy guides on how to make millions playing warcraft.  From working the auction house,  to crafting items.  The terminology is endless and the expectation to those that want to put the extra time in is even more expansive.   Those that take a few moments to ask questions and read whatever flavor of information they can obtain,  find that being a warcraft millionaire is a thrill in the game all to itself.

With the introduction of the "black market" auction house,  Blizzard is attempting to throw another gold sink into our gold goblin lives.  A gold sink for those that aren't familiar is an attempt to take money out of the pockets of those with large amounts,  usually to balance out the players so that they work on a level playing field.   The Tundra Mount from Wrath was a prime example during that expansion.   20k gold was a lot of time and effort put into the game for most players.   Those that had caught onto the gold goblin making game had 20k gold in no time.  But others struggled to get what became a very very useful mount for raiding and questing.

As we progress farther into Mists,  there will be other mounts,  items and "gold sink" items thrown as the casual buyer in the quest to have a player spend their fortunes.   The question is always,  is it worth how much you put into your fortune to buy the item.  



Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Past Entries




0 comments: on "Are the days of Warcraft Millionaires Over?"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide