Loot Pinata


Mommar here.

As I was working on my Isle of Thunder dailies I heard the call from the local channel

Looking for more Oondasta

Now up til now I had joined in on the kills on the server for Galleon and Sha of Anger a couple of times.  To the point that these have basically become loot pinatas (or gold pinatas if you're ever so unlucky).  I figured I would give it a try and see how it went.

As I flew there I looked up the gang at Icy-Veins for the strat for Oondasta (Pretty basic strategy with a couple of nuke bombs).   As the raid was building (when I joined there were 1 full time and 1 half team) the chatter on the group and local was interesting.  Most were betting on Captain Nasty to obliterate your golden hero.

I should have bet money on Oondasta too.   After two face pulls and two quick corpse runs,  getting reset and then making a full attack,  I could hear the laughter from the big dinosaur with the big frickin laser on his back.   Another run back and another reset.   Take three ended up having more players (in this case more is not better) giving Shandris 3 full teams and 1 partial team to take on the world boss.

5 minutes later I'm corpse running back and realizing that more people was not going to be the answer.  One of the biggest problems with Oondasta is his Spirit Beam.   If someone gets hit by it it will bounce to another player that is within 10 yards of your position.  You can imagine the difficulty in finding 10 yards of space when you have 90 players plus surrounding a boss,  even if he is the relative size of a skyscraper.

So after 4 attempts I had a meeting I needed to go too and ended up leaving the raid,  saying thank you for the invite and going my merry way.   But I did not leave discouraged or upset.   Always remembering this is a game of learning.  And not every world boss is a loot pinata ready to give up it's tasty tasty gold treats.

It may not seem like much,  but if your leveling a toon and hit the 88-89 mark.  Make sure to joint a world raid for either Sha of Anger of Galleon.   Especially with Sha you get a nice quick quest that can be completed at 90 to give you an epic pair of boots depending on class.   Both are decent amount of gold making especially if you spend an extra token for an extra roll.   But the best thing you can get is to feel accomplished from a world raid.  

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries


Taking Advantage of The Market
The Inportance of being Hot(fixes)
Don't Fret Young Farmer
Patch 5.2: First Take
Do you Own Your Tree?
Patch 5.2:  Tap That Mob
Patch 5.2:   The Great Ghost Iron Ore Rush
5.2 Watch: Capping Justice Points
Language People.  Language
Patch 5.2: Know They Economy
New Leatherworking Pattern.html
Patch 5.2: Jewelcrafters
Patch 5.2: Thanks Uncle Blizzard for the Valor
Something Stinks In The Air
Get a Grip On Your Pricing
Patch 5.2:  Prepping for the rush
How Do You Effect The Market?
He's So Great He's A Fivefather
Patch 5.2:   Farming For Rep.. With A Farm?




Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide