Post Patch 5.3: The Lineup


It's the day after patch 5.3,  and the world did not come to an end.   Cats and dogs are not laying together and the Mayans were still wrong.

One of the things I did before patch 5.3 is to change my lineup a little bit.  I kept my main characters but shuffled around some of the alternates and their professions.  

Mommar:
(The main man)

He will always be my main,  being a Leatherworker and Blacksmith since I started it's been a good combination of profession upgrades and the ability to gain patterns through dungeons and raids.

Move:

This is my farming toon,  having been my Skinner and Miner since I started her.   She also is my ranged player when I am bored with getting up in mobs faces and hitting them very hard.

Alt 3:  (you really think I was going to tell you who your competition was?)

This is my shaman Jewelcrafter and Engineer.   I inherited her from another player and arranged her professions to where I wanted them to be.   She also will do dungeons and the occasional raids to obtain patterns.

Alt 4:

This is my Druid.   Having flying ability has made her my Alchemist and Herbalist.  There was the thoughts of converting her to a different profession but I kept both of them for the time being.

Alt 5:

This is my Paladin.   She's one of my first pet projects because I became bored during the Cataclysm and wanted a different challenge.   Being my Scribe and Herbalist has made her play in the background since both inscription and Herbalism are most difficult professions to make profits in.


Alt 6:

My Warlock is my Enchanter and Tailor.   She has been a very steady moneymaker with bags and enchants though I have been lax in getting her leveled.   Still one of my top moneymakers since Burning Crusade. \
(I shake her a lot of extra coins on the mailbox)


Alt 7:

This is one of my two bank toons.   I keep her in Thunder Bluff for most of my flipping opportunities and the random big ticket items that I want to rotate for sale.  

Alt 8:

My other bank toon sitting in Tanaris.  I use her for flipping items between Horde, Alliance and vice versa.  I've also used her for food storage ever since Burning Crusade (anyone want some worg meat?)

Alt 9:

My Death Knight is in semi retirement.  I use him as my pet seller and the occasional odds and ends.  He is also my other Engineer.   One of my engineer has the goblin profession line and this one has the gnome profession line.   It is less of a problem than it was during the earlier expansions.

Alt 10.

My goblin shaman is my first that received the makeover.  Originally I took my own advice and gave her mining and Herbalism.  This has been profitable for both money and experience.  Recently I changed her mining profession to my second alchemist and started leveling her for the future transmutes.  

Alt 11:

My Rogue rounds out my lineup.  He originally was going to be a Jewelcrafter and Engineer but there is an internal debate with the lineup on whether I will ultimately need a third Alchamist.  Engineering is enjoyable but having three in the lineup is not always cost effective.  There are now very few Engineer only items available other than helms.

When I set my lineup I wanted a combination of enjoyable game play and money making opportunity.  My Druids became very strong farmers due to the flight capabilities and not needing to drop out of flight form to pick up herbs.

My hunter is my skinner because while I'm mowing down one mob I can set my pet to tag three or four more for killing and processing.

Keeping an eye on your lineup and adjusting based on the economy and available gameplay is to be expected.  The change should always be welcome with the right planning and budgeting.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Patch 5.3:   It's here... well tomorrow
Patch 5.3:  Preparing for the Arrival
Patch 5.3:   Grasspicking World Order
Patch 5.3: Bring Out Your Miners
Enchanting add-on for quick flips
Prepping for 5.3:   Profit lines
Realities Of Making Gold
How Does Free Gear Effect The Market?
Pre Patch 5.3 Setup
It's Childrens Weak... I Mean Week
Patch 5.3 on the Horizon
Old World vs New World Profits
Bad Bad Robot.. The Warcraft Edition
Strengthen Your Google-Fu







0 comments: on "Post Patch 5.3: The Lineup"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide