Breaking The Million Gold Barrier


Mommar here.

Hopefully there was a pleasant Memorial day weekend in your past.   Ending up playing around on Warcraft for a little bit on different servers than my main.   Wanted to get a feeling for other economies than my home one.

One thing that always brings back memories is reading people's recollections of meeting their goals.  When I first started WOW I thought 10,000g was a fortune.  With that I could buy anything I wanted and play better in my guild.  This was when Burning Crusade came out and money was more difficult to make.  

The mountain felt like it moved each time I was about to reach my goal.   I would hit the 9500g mark and someone would need a 'loan'.  Or I ended up with a rough day of raiding and my repair bill came up to 100g or more.   It was nerve racking trying to scale up that mountain and fall down just a little bit more.

I have told the story before of when things clicked money wise for me.  A friend of mine offered me a pattern Pattern: Bracers of the Green Fortress.   It was in high demand for plate tanking classes and the materials were easy to get.  I sold a large amount of these for profit.  This is when my thirst for finding deals and making gold really popped up.

After I broke my 10,000g set goal I knew that i could do better.   Hitting 100,000 came about 3 months later after I added two more crafters to my lineup.   As the expansions continued I increased the pile of gold I sat upon while still holding onto my beliefs in being honest in my trades and being loyal to my friends and guild mates.  

My 1,000,000g mark was broken somewhere during the Wrath of the Lich King expansion.   My Jewelcrafter brought in what could only be described as stupid amounts of gold just for a few button clicks.  As my WOW career continued I found the need to make larger goals for myself.  Instead of making number goals I changed to making goals for what each toon could create.  I wanted each of my toons to be able to make a 1,000,000g by themselves.  I still haven't accomplished this goal (11 toons with some of them having not leveled beyond level 5 makes this one a tough one to finish).

Blizzard introduced achievements which became a very popular quest for players who were burnt on the daily grind.   Very few gold making achievements are listed,  so the need to create our own became a form of self entertainment.   Plus 1,000,000g is a nice round number to be able to say.

So when it feels that your goals are not achievable,  keep in mind that anyone can make gold with the right knowledge and patience.   If you need an example just look at me.  I did it and when I first started I didn't even know you needed a shield for tanking (I miss my old guild sometimes).

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Bye Bye... I Will Take Your Gold Now
Post Patch 5.3:   The Lineup
Patch 5.3:   It's here... well tomorrow
Patch 5.3:  Preparing for the Arrival
Patch 5.3:   Grasspicking World Order
Patch 5.3: Bring Out Your Miners
Enchanting add-on for quick flips
Prepping for 5.3:   Profit lines
Realities Of Making Gold
How Does Free Gear Effect The Market?
Pre Patch 5.3 Setup
Patch 5.3 on the Horizon
Old World vs New World Profits
Bad Bad Robot.. The Warcraft Edition
Strengthen Your Google-Fu



0 comments: on "Breaking The Million Gold Barrier"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide