Some Day I Will Learn


Mommar here.

Another Tuesday has come and gone,  resetting the loot tables for Garrosh runs as well as world bosses.  With the change in the most recent hotfix that made world bosses taggable by everyone celestial runs have become a lot easier.  Running in there,  tagging an active mob that players are already killing and getting credit (along with your world famous Bag o' Gold) makes running 7 players through the grinder that much quicker.

After the success of adding more gold (and the occasional piece of gear) to my alts I then look to tackle the wonders that if flex 4.  Having said it many times I like to get my flex 4 runs done early in the week simply because the better players during this time and my chances of success are that much better.

So I popped open the Oqueue extension and watched the filling of run requests.  Words like 'quick' 'easy' 'no noobs' (my personal favorite) flash through each group loading up.  Usually I ignore most of these simply because they rarely are quick and if you only have 3 players in your group how do you really know it will be quick and easy?  To borrow a line from a favorite movie of mine "... Quick and easy is how you bake a cake,  no run a multi-million dollar business such as ours ".

I queued up for a couple of seemingly interesting groups forming.  They were listed as being run by 10/14H (shorthand for 10 of 14 bosses down in heroic) and waited to see if I got invited to the dance.   Getting my magic golden ticket I was ready to go.  I bring my own food and go and repair before I even queue.  Similar to my views on queuing for groups on the Timeless Isle (be on the island,  be ready to go, don't expect summons) etc.

After finishing off Garrosh and receiving my bag of nothing I logged onto my Hunter to see if she wouldn't be as successful.  Being a Hunter generally I get chosen to run belts on Seigecrafter and end up killing the engineer for the Garrosh kill.  Luckily, there was another hunter that volunteered to go.  Both Seigecrafter and the Bugs went down pretty easily.  Then it was time for the main event.  Even the trash between the bugs and the Garrosh went down pretty easily.

Having high hopes that this would be a 1 shot kill we got set up.  Lately the big strategy is to stack up on the spot just in front of Garrosh and kill the weapon as it pops.  Seems to make things a lot easier because of less required running around and more DPS on the boss.  But the RL decided that we needed to dance for the run.

First attempt we died pretty quickly.  Second attempt we made it a little bit further and then the tirades began.  Players blaming tanks,  tank blaming healers and my little 170k dps sitting there deciding if it was time to call it a night and try the next day.

But being a little bit stubborn I stuck it out and we went at it with 11 people.  Now generally the sweet spot I have seen is 13-14 players (or a full 25 grouping) when it comes to being successful.   After the fourth attempt being a complete and utter failure I decided it was time to retire from the group and check on some auctions.  Politely I thanked them for the attempts and went on my merry way.

Moral of the story?   Even heroically attuned players are not always successful.  Maybe I should have gone with the quick and easy cake.   mmmm Cake.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Garrosh Is My Friend
You Lost That Alpha Feeling
Too Many Coins On My Hand
We All Make Mistrakes
World Without The Auction House
Not So Smart Loot
It Was A Great Day
WOD:  Prepping For The Storm
Special Brand Of Stupid
Silver And Gold Have I None
Worth What Someone Will Pay For It

0 comments: on "Some Day I Will Learn"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide