Macro Setup, Instantly Vendor All Your Grays

Macro this script if you'd like to sell your grays quickly and efficiently. There are addons out there that do this now but just in case you'd like to macro this yourself to a hotkey or button here's what those addons are using:

/script for bag = 0,4,1 do for slot = 1, GetContainerNumSlots(bag), 1 do local name = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot); if name and string.find(name,”ff9d9d9d”) then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(“Selling “..name); UseContainerItem(bag,slot) end; end; end
Thank you commenters: You can also use an addon called JunkSell. You may need to manually replace the quotes to get the macro to work. Please use the addon if you can't get the macro to work.

Perhaps you don't know how to setup a macro?


Type /macro

The following window will appear, you can see that I have a ton of macros set up. General Macros are across all characters and Markco's Specific Macros are just for my one character.







Select New at the bottom of the window. The following side window will appear:







Type in the name of your macro and then select an image.

Press Okay when done. Now you can tell your macro what you want it to do.







Here is where you'll enter your new vendor selling code. Simply drag the icon from this window to your bars and you're ready to go. Assign a hotkey to that button and it will run the macro.

This quick explanation was taken from part of an older chapter of my famous WOTLK gold guide which is being completely rewritten and redesigned for Cataclysm. If you order it now you'll get it for far less than I'm going to charge once the cataclysm updates are finished (updates are free regardless of when you buy). I'm advertising this future price increase to readers here so you have the chance to buy it earlier and for less. Use promotion code "JMTC" to get 10% off your order in addition to getting it cheaper now before cataclysm. Expect some really freaking amazing content in the guide, such as complete and indepth discussions of addons, gold strategies and cross profession mayhem, all captured within a brand spanking new "reader" I coded to make the information easier to digest. The cataclysm guide is currently in ALPHA and I am adding content as fast as I can, so all feedback is appreciated!

22 comments: on "Macro Setup, Instantly Vendor All Your Grays"

  1. Theres an addon that will instantly sell all ur grays as soon as u open a window with a vendor

  2. Hey great macro, I used to use an addon that would put a button inside the vendor panes and allow me to click to sell the grays. It would also allow me to define which white items and/or gear that I would like to sell. However lately they have been quite buggy and started to sell stuff I had exceptions for and I got tired of it. For some reason I didn't think to look for this kind of a macro. Thanks Markco.

  3. ther is an addon that will instantly sell all ur grays as soon as u open trade with a vendor

  4. Not sure if anyone else had a prob getting this one to work. Great quality of life macro. Here's a correction, as far as I can surmise:
    /script for bag = 0, 4 do for slot = 1, GetContainerNumSlots(bag) do local name = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot) if name and string.find(name,"ff9d9d9d") then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Selling "..name) UseContainerItem(bag,slot) end end end

  5. What am I doing wrong , I tried to write that macro..but it runs in chat to the last person I whispered.

  6. I much prefer the simplicity of an addon like SellJunk which adds a button to your vendor frame to sell you junk - it's also customisable if there are some trash items you'd like to keep hold of (for RP purposes for example)

    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/sell-junk.aspx

  7. here's a macro i use to dump all my bags into the bank/vault


    /run for b = 0, 4 do for s = 1, GetContainerNumSlots(b) do if MerchantFrame:IsShown() then break end UseContainerItem(b, s) end end


    And here's one the pull as much as it can from the bank/vault


    /run for i = 1, MAX_GUILDBANK_SLOTS_PER_TAB do if MainMenuBarBackpackButton.freeSlots == 0 then break end AutoStoreGuildBankItem(GetCurrentGuildBankTab(), i) end
    /run for s=1,28 do UseContainerItem(-1,s) end

  8. While I do appreciate news outside of the "gold box", I'm sorry to say I find this rather useless.
    I recommend using an addon, such as JunkSeller (or SellJunk).

    However, another macro with a far greater use is one that DELETES all grey vendor items - use only when in need of space, and take care, as it does so without further confirmation!

    While you will lose money, it is really comfortable when farming older instances, for example, or just out of plain laziness while questing... which is why you should probably add this to your Cataclysm Gold Guide.

    /script for bag = 0,4,1 do for slot = 1, GetContainerNumSlots(bag), 1 do local name = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot); if name and string.find(name,"ff9d9d9d") then PickupContainerItem(bag,slot)return DeleteCursorItem()end end end

  9. I don't agree Vayaz, a macro like this allows you to eliminate a macro from your addon list, wich helps keep loading times low and framerates high.
    Furthermore the only time I see your macro being uselful is, as you mentioned, when farming places where the greys don't sell for for much. Otherwise greys are definately worth keeping, especially grey weapons add quite a bit of gold to your farming/questing routines.

  10. Hey markco!
    Nice post!

    I just thought you should know, there's a great addon that does all this for you called "SellJunk". It's on curse I think. I used to use "AutoProfit" for this but it broke a while ago so I've been using SellJunk ever since. The great thing about it is it never seems to break with any patch Blizzard puts out. It basically just puts the macro you mentioned into a button that says "Sell Junk" at the top of every vendor window. It also tells you how much gold your greys sold for!
    :D

  11. I use AutoProfitX2 with my jewelcrafting ring vendor business.

  12. If the macro isn't working you can use this instead:

    /script for bag=0,4 do for slot=1,GetContainerNumSlots(bag) do local i = GetContainerItemLink(bag,slot); if i then local _,link,quality = GetItemInfo(i); if quality and quality == 0 then print("Selling "..link); UseContainerItem(bag,slot); end end end end

    Make sure the double quotes (") are proper quotes, not the Microsoft Word writing style kind. If the macro isn't working for you, manually replace the double quotes around "Selling".

  13. I'm surprised so many people are saying they prefer addons. "I prefer something that does the exact same thing but hogs memory and breaks on every patch."

  14. Check out Broker_Garbage. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/broker_garbage.aspx

    Basically this does all the things that have been mentioned in this thread. Auto-sell greys at vendors, deletes gray items one at a time (starting with cheapest first), maintains a 'keep' list, plus does some other things like auto-repairs, and such. Everything is configurable.

    I used to use GarbageFu, which I like a little better for it's simplicity, but it broke with the 4.0.1 patch, so I found Broker_Garbage which seems to work just fine.

    I like macros, but I already have too many buttons to manage on my bars, so whenever I can replace a macro with a mod, I prefer that option. Luckily, my PC is a powerhouse, so I don't worry much about performance and frame rates.

  15. I had no idea that this could be done, as I assumed for no good reason it wouldn't work. I'll be adding this to my general macros.

  16. totally un-related, but have they upped the gold cap? check out my scribe.

  17. "Crap Away!" is the addon that I use to vendor all my grays.

  18. Fot those of you concerned with memory usage, Tekkub over at http://tekkub.net/ is highly respected in the addon community for addons with close to zero memory footprint.
    He's also written an addon for vendoring grays called tekJunkSeller. http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8099

    That's what i use anyway :)

  19. Btw everyone, auctioneer sells grays for you. If you're already using auctioneer you might as well turn this feature on and get rid of those pesky grays.

  20. Auctioneer Automagix can be setup to automatically sell grey items, as well as to vendor certain items as well, no need for macros or any other addon if you use it already. You do use that don't you Marcko?

  21. This has been out for a long time....

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide