Making Gold In Cataclysm With Infinite Dust



Hi again everybody, Alerick here again and today I'm going to be talking to you guys a little about making gold with infinite dust. Now, infinite dust is one of the most profitable items I like to sell on the Auction House simply because it's in amazingly high demand. I've used this enchanting material to make me tons of gold on both servers I play on, and I will discuss later how in almost every market this can be profitable. The reason it sells so insanely well is it is needed in such large bulk to level enchanting through Northrend. About 700 of these are required between skills 375 and 450, which makes it in very high demand. Another reason it is such a good gold making market, is that there are so many ways to obtain it most people don't know about. Infinite dust is often underpriced because most people who post it don't know its actual value, so when I see it below a threshold I have set, I buy it up and repost in stacks of 20 because of the large demand.
I oftentimes sell stacks of infinite dust for anywhere between 150 and 250 gold each stack. I find that on the lower pop. server I play on, the dust is slower to move, but there are tons of Wotlk commodities that can produce massive amounts of dust cheaply, because there is so much of that material on the AH. My favorite ways of getting infinite dust are crafting Arctic Boots, which require only 8 Borean Leather to make, and yield a solid amount of infinite dust. Make sure it's profitable before you do this, because certain Wotlk commodoties such as metals, leather and cloth can be overpriced nowadays. I also like to create Horned Cobalt Helms which only require 8 Cobalt Bars to craft, and can be very lucrative in most scenarios depending on your market. Duskweave Belts are also a good idea depending on the value of Frostweave Cloth on your server. I don't really like these because I find crafting the bags to be more profitable, but again, it all depends on the market you're dealing with.


One of the best aspects of using these techniques to make gold is that all of these disenchantable items can be crafted with just a Wotlk level crafting profession. Which means you can do this while leveling a character, or make some gold back while power leveling a crafting profession. Another important thing to know about obtaining infinite dust is through abyss crystals. Depending on your server these can often be found in bulk on the auction house for an insanely low price compared to the profit you will be making from it. On my server abyss crystals range between 15 and 30g each. Greater Cosmic Essence, a bi-product of all of the infinite dust methods listed above, sell for 30g each alone. By shattering just one abyss crystal you have a chance to loot up to 10 greater cosmics, and 20 infinite dust. This is a crazy markup, and a simple way to make gold. This process is very often overlooked, and many people don't even know about because it was hardly profitable during Wotlk.


Yet another efficient way to obtain these Wotlk enchanting materials is through eternals. I myself have had better luck just flipping the eternals in stacks of 1 for profit, but if the price is right on your server, there are JC crafted rings and necklaces requiring Eternal Earth and Shadow that can be worth it. Especially if you bought some of them pre-Cata when the prices were dirt cheap, and extremely easy to access. Having access to an enchanter in a level 23 guild or higher is also very useful because of the perk that allows you to proc extra enchanting materials while disenchanting all of the items we are crafting. Good luck with the tip everyone, find out which technique is good for your server and start reaping the profits!!!


You can get in touch with me through my twitter @AlerickF

6 comments: on "Making Gold In Cataclysm With Infinite Dust"

  1. I find that making the JC jewelry that uses 2 crystallized earths and 1 uncommon gem (usually yellow or red I think) yields more mats in volume than that of making jewelry using 2 eternal earths, or one of each eternal shadow and earth. Let me explain.

    If memory serves me right the jewelry that you can craft from depleting 2 eternals dis-enchants into 5-7 dust and/or 1-3 greater cosmic essences. On the other hand if you break down the eternal and make jewelry that way you can make 5 pieces of jewelry for every eternal, thus making 10 pieces from 2 eternals rather than just 1 piece! This jewelry disenchants to around 1-3 dust and 2/3 of a greater cosmic I think.

    You have a 75% chance in getting dust, and a 20-25% chance at a lesser/greater cosmic for both pieces of jewelry.

    In this case disenchanting the jewelry that uses 2 eternals would yield around 5.25 dust (7x.75) and .75 greater cosmics (3x.25). Used the highest possible of mats attainable from de and X by the % chance of attaining mat.

    In comparison disenchanting the jewelry that uses lesser mats would yield around 7.5 dust (10x.75) and 1.6 ((10x.6667) x .25) essences, using the lowest possible amount of mats attainable. You are more likely to get around 15 or so dust and 2-3 cosmics.

    The only problem in crafting the jewelry that uses the lesser mats is that they involve uncommon gems that are hard to find. But if u can find them making this jewelry instead of using the 2 eternal jewelry would yield more chanting mats to sell.

    For all miners with JC, I recommend mining in sholazar basin for an hour or so and that would yield plenty of mats for your crafting of said jewelry. Just prospect all the saronite ore and use the eternals you get from mining as well as the gems from prospecting to make your items to DE.

    Good Luck

  2. This is a solid idea. I did not realize the value in abyss crytal shattering. On my server I got them cheap and made a ton of infinite dust.

  3. I'm going to be seriously pissed if anyone on my realm reads this. I'm currently and have been since the end of the WotLK stock piles ran out, the only consistent producer of Infinite Dust.

  4. Thanks for tips in making gold with infinite dust.. in our server there are high demand with infinite dust but only few sells. I’ll try this with my alt and see how if it works.

    Lately I’ve been too much dependent with IGE in terms gold, coz I buy wow gold a lot! Hope this making gold tips resolve my issues with gold.

  5. Constantly rehashing old material is getting dull now.

  6. Infinite Dust is something really looked for on any server. I change server twice and infinite dust was always at the top of items demanded. I had a hard time selling them, but eventually I did it, thanks to this guy! tyvm for the info m8!

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide