Going Looney over the Lunar Festival


Mommar here

Over the months I have given a lot of grief to the powers that be that they need to update many of the best holidays in World of Warcraft.   Just adding a few holiday bosses would add a lot to the draw of these older holidays.

The Lunar Festival is not one on my list that needs to be updated.  There is already a world boss, Omen  Having been around in the old days of watching him wipe out entire raids quickly and seeing multiple people needing to run back to take another whack at him brings the way world bosses used to feel.  Not to just kill a boss because he dropped great loot, but simply because that is what you did with friends.

As I was flying around on one of my characters picking up the different Festival elders for the holiday and collecting Coins of Ancestry.  I still had all of the frilly dresses that you could purchase with the coins in my bank so my major interest in getting coins on all of my toons was for the Festival Lanterns.  When these first came out they were a hot commodity to transfer to an alliance toon/buddy and sell for obscene amounts of gold.  Now the transfer over to the opposite faction is much easier since pet books are linked across factions and across servers.

Setting aside the quest for gold (I know, blasphemy here) but this holiday is just beautiful to see and enjoy.  From dropping into a alliance controlled zone to pick up a coin to looking at the coordinates you downloaded from the guide to figure out the fastest way to get to the next zone.  Combining this with the occasional pick-up of pets that I didn't have it becomes a change of pace from just running Timeless Isle and Siege of Orgrimmar.

Where many people are stuck inside from the latest blitz of cold weather finding something that brings warmth and joy is important.  Escapism is the biggest draw for Warcraft and this holiday is the best place to escape from.

The Lunar Festival it hasn't changed that much so here is a link to the Icy-Veins guide for 2014 which they deserve all the credit for putting together.  Link

Take this weekend and stop and smell the Lunar Festival.  Not just for the profit, but just because this is one of the most enjoyable holidays of the Warcraft Calender.

Good Luck and Good Profit Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbear @ gmail. Dot com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up, and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Cleaning Out The Closet (Achievement Edition)
WOD: Future Catch Up Zones
Ebay Warriors Prepare For Battle


0 comments: on "Going Looney over the Lunar Festival"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide