Boar Meat Farming Spot

First of all I would like to say thank you for making your blog, it is amazingly helpful.
I remember a while back that there was a post about farming boar meat to sell. Earlier today I came across a great place to farm it while I was on a newly created alt. This place id The Stonefield farm in Elwynn Forest coordinates 33-85. After spending around half an hour killing the boars then skinning them, i had made approximately 20g in leather, boar meat, vendor trash and the occasional green. The boars re spawned amazingly quickly, had roughly a 50% drop chance of boar meat and were easily killed in a few hits. Feel free to take credit if you wish as you gave me the original idea to farm and sell boar meat.
Celand of Arathor EU

Here's the original post, and I'm glad that Celand took the time to email me this great spot for farming the boars. Just outside of orgrimmar is a great spot for Horde.

9 comments: on "Boar Meat Farming Spot"

  1. A truly novel idea. Farming low level mobs to make a small amount of gold.

  2. Learn to play! 50 silver a meat on the auction house is far more than 'a small amount of gold' to a new player.

    Not to mention the fact that it drops 50% of the time.

  3. If I'm not mistaken (it's been a long time since I played Alliance) the Stonefield farm is part of the Billy McClure quest chain, when he asks people to get him four boar meat, thus explaining the rapid respawn rate.

    I do remember it had an aggravatingly low drop rate back when I did that quest...they must have fixed it since.

    -Tufak of Feathermoon

  4. Mogresh of Moon Guard said... May 7, 2009 at 10:45 AM

    @Brian

    It takes money to make money. 20g at level 10 can easily be turned into 10k at 80 with a little effort.

    This guy gave a good farming spot for new characters. I don't think he's expecting a level 80 to go to elwynn for this.

  5. Actually marcko, I think it would be a good idea to find some good low-level farming spots that give high-priced drops- if you're level 80 and have some AoE, and if the mobs are bunched up a bit, you would probably be killing an average of 1 mob/second or so leading to a much higher amount of income overall if the drops are worth the same as 80 drops.

  6. Noak - If I find it I'll be happy to share! Instance cloth and disenchanted greens are probably the only place where this is true.

  7. There is a windmill (I think) in westfall near the Gold Coast Quarry with humanoid mobs that have a very fast respawn rate.

  8. For the guys that want more gold for your buck, you won't find it in Vanilla until you start going to 50-60 zones. I remember how painful it was to farm gold back then, but there were not many gold sinks as in the newer zones.

  9. Farmed this spot on my hunter lvl 49 and I just pop serpent sting on the boars and run in circles while they die. when one dies, another respawns and the cycle of stinging (lol) continues. Got 5 stacks in <1hour this way. + on my realm I've sold one stack for 80g twice :)

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide