There are no deals on the ah

You sure... look again... and again... and again.

The lovable little amateurs who state "Gold Guru, but there are no deals on my server, sorry your strategies just don't work," are few and far between, but they tend to be a vocal minority in the jmtc community. What I say to them is this... "Go try again." You think this site rose up out of nowhere on lies? You think people are making up their gold intake on the jmtc forums and the blog itself? Course not, they take the ideas and either follow them correctly or better yet, develop new ones.

I have to apologize to those that are long time followers of this blog and players who have at least made very good attempts at making use of my gold making strategies. That being said, the people who are "not getting it" are not stupid people. I argue a lot with Euripides on Call to Auction who is a fantastic guy, father, and bright player. However, I cannot tell you how many times he has said "oh that doesn't work on my server" and I wanted to take my microphone and bang it against my forehead! It is such a blanket statement, completely and utterly based on personal opinion with no factual evidence! Now, obviously it is possible for a server to not make a certain strategy likely or viable, but it's pretty rare. Everything is a balance, so if one strategy is broken it's often because another one is actually more profitable on that particular server.

To what degree a strategy is profitable is certainly server dependent, but it's very rare for something to be 50% profit on one server and -50% on another. If you find that a strategy on this site does not work on your server... find out why and milk the reason if you can.

As long as you take action other than crying for help, you're stepping in the right direction.

I tend to write these style posts when I get lots of people all saying the same thing and I have to herd them all like cattle to the jmtc forums for re-entry into normal gold making society.

10 comments: on "There are no deals on the ah"

  1. I think there are times where I don't see easy buys on the auction house as compared to tons of items before vendor price...those days..I craft and farm...

    You really need a lot of toons with a lot of professions...You need a lot of auctions at up at the same time.

    I have two jewelcrafters, miner, herbalist, alchemist, enchanter, cooking , fishing, all maxed 450 out..I am working on a leatherwork/tailor...because you really need all professions to truly understand what is needed and what are the true values for items...

    When there are no deals on ah...go farm the mats for a primal might or essence of air or solo an old world instance with your enchanter.

  2. ok.... Just wanted to stop by and let you know how much help your insight was into the previous patch.

    I stock piled Frozen orbs(about 200) and Titanium Bar (about 1100) in hopes of making a killing on titansteel.

    I have sold 20-30 bars at 87G per and made a nice profit.

    Thx again for making me rich!!!

  3. there are some truth to you comments. For example on my server the inscription market is just messed up. People will undercut all the way to 1g per glyph. Firstly, I thought that I cant make money here. But I was wrong!

    I studied the market over a few days and quickly realize that the majority of glyph market comes from popular glyph (and most of these i don't have yet, as I just got to 440 inscription). So the point is if something doesn't work, take the time to study it and understand why.

  4. 87g for a Titanium Bar? I wish, I have a ton of them. That's crazy! On my server (Dragonmaw) they struggle to reach 20g, and are usually around 14g.

    I don't use Auctioneer's searches, but instead I use Auction Snatch with a list of about 40 items that I know the market for very well. From those 40 items, there are very rarely days when I don't see items I can pick up for resale.

    So yes, there are always deals out there.

  5. Things of course vary from server to server - if they didn't every one would be the same and things would be very easy. It is however possible to make money on any of them, just a question of how much and with how much work/thought is involved in my view.

    I made a lvl 1 on monday and started them off with 95c standing in the AH in IF. I've only bid on the AH so far and I already have around 120g worth of mats/money. maybe I'm lucky in my random server choice but it does show anything is possible.

  6. Things of course vary from server to server - if they didn't every one would be the same and things would be very easy. It is however possible to make money on any of them, just a question of how much and with how much work/thought is involved in my view.

    I made a lvl 1 on monday and started them off with 95c standing in the AH in IF. I've only bid on the AH so far and I already have around 120g worth of mats/money. maybe I'm lucky in my random server choice but it does show anything is possible.

  7. I love all those posts about Frozen Orbs, Titanium Bars and such, before the patch. It reminds me of an old Time Magazine cover. You can see it here: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_w3H-jMj1X28/SdLClqVmPtI/AAAAAAAAAMc/apfy87K4Rmc/s1600-h/stock-market.jpg

    Starting first day of the patch, every aspirant businessman was trying to sell frozen orbs, titansteel & co. en masse. They still do...
    On patch 3.3.3. I didn't listen to the common advices, but used my brain instead. Patch brought in huge chunks of honor points. Epic gems you say ? Nah...I say epic pvp gear. Lots and lots. Forget about Frozen Orbs, forget about Titanium/Titansteel. Think mats. I don’t play in all the markets, but enchanting is what I do. Infinite dust jumped from 1.3g to 2.15g and still holds today. Greater Cosmic Essence up to 20g from 13g. Funny thing yesterday, there was only 1 (read one) page of infinite dust on the AH. Before the raids were over I managed to sell 30 infinite dust for 13g a piece. Insane.

    On another note, so many people were trying to craft the items that had their cooldown removed, that eternals were rapidly in a very high demand. I sold eternal earth at 19g a piece (bought for 3g per long before the patch). And so on.

    So it's only natural that people following general advice will probably say: "There are no deals on the ah". There aren't if you and 90% of the server are trying to do the same thing. If you'll use your brain, and identify what the 90% is NOT doing, you’ll be amazed. Truly amazed.

  8. On my server there's what appears to be massive collusion aiming to sell EVERYTHING below the value of mats. Of course, there is no collusion. Everybody is just incredibly dumb. You can't buy them out, because there's HUNDREDS of the morons.

    I'm one of the few people on my server who have managed to make money, and it's been an uphill battle.

  9. I definitely was one who thought "There are no deals" until recently...I came back after a year away and transferred to a lower-pop server, where it only takes 2 or 3 people hammering away at a market to make it not profitable.

    I spent a ton of time and money leveling up my JCer just to get in on the prospecting trade, for roughly 20-30% profits on very low volume. Then I remembered I had a LW at 375, and started looking there. What a difference!

    I wish I had done my research earlier. I should have known that the schemes everyone posts about would be at about equilibrium now. But especially on a low-pop server, many of the less-popular production lines are undersupplied - it's just a matter of finding them.

    Thanks a ton for the blog, btw - really enjoy reading your posts.

  10. Speaking of Call to Auction, are there going to be more? My feeds been dead since the Special Announcement post.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide