Cataclysm Comes Tomorrow for JMTC


What is a Content Manager?

A content manager collects, edits and publishes all content on the site. Initially, the content manager will only be handling posts and comment moderation, but eventually if all goes well he will also be handling emails and additional social aspects of the site.

Why Get One?

The #1 reason for getting a new content manager is to provide better content for you, the reader. At the moment, I need time to work on my cataclysm gold guide and to get up to speed with the world of cataclysm. For instance, yesterday I spent three hours going through nine of the new leveling zones in Kalimdor, documenting limited sale items as well as valuable farming spots and sharing gold making tips. When I started this blog I was entirely sure in my abilities and knowledge of world of warcraft, but with the new expansion I'm going to have to hit the ground running while looking for lots of new ways to make gold. I know my limits (yes I actually have some) and I will not be able to provide you with the best content, write my gold guide and play the game at the same time. You may remember that I tried hiring some 20 authors to make my life easier on this site but it only turned into an article reviewing nightmare. So after giving this conundrum much thought I came up with the idea of hiring a content manager as the solution to my time constraints.

I'm also putting effort into a brand new site called Traffic Blogger, which is a blog focused on helping authors attract a community of readers to their own sites. I'll be taking the lessons I learned from two years blogging at JMTC and sharing them in great detail with the audience at Traffic Blogger. Without the new content manager here at JMTC I would be unable to create this additional resource, which will indirectly create better content for you by helping out any gold bloggers who take the time to learn from it.

What Do YOU Get Out of This?

I'm grooming the new content manager to be just like me, only with more time on his hands to write great posts about world of warcraft. You're going to get lots of helpful pointers with tips that make you want to run to the auction house as well as the occasional high level, bird's eye view post on economics from myself. What's more, this guy is very active in PVE and can bring a new perspective to the blog which I cannot provide. So yes, you will now have two writers instead of one here at JMTC. If this works as well as I hope you may be getting more over time.

So Who Is the New Content Manager?

Please welcome our new content manager, Mageshadow, tomorrow when he writes his introductory post for JMTC. Yes, Mageshadow, who you  may have read previously from the Gnomish Coin blog, will be taking over as head chief here at Just My Two Copper. His job will entail handling the publishing of all posts as well as moderating comments. Over time I plan to have him take over some of the social media aspects of the site as well, depending on if both you (the readers) and I believe he is doing a good job. Obviously I wouldn't have picked him if I didn't believe that he was perfect for playing the role of content manager at the start of a new expansion.

Mageshadow has some great ideas for the direction of this blog and I can't wait to see some of them come to fruition. I'll allow him to explain the juicy details tomorrow with his first post, but I'll give you a hint for my favorite one: he likes to communicate with you guys and girls.

Please remember to cut him some slack early on, it's his first time publishing in front of such a large audience, and he will need coaching from both myself and you. I've been working with him for a month, but give him constructive criticism and consider the enormous pressure he is under writing for an audience of so many thousands of information hungry readers.

Of course I will not be disappearing entirely and I will be helping Mageshadow learn the ropes. I'll also be writing the occasional post to help in the content generating end. I'll be forwarding all your emails with post ideas to Mageshadow so he can have even more help creating his posts. I ask that you guys and girls really pour on the cataclysm tips to aid him in producing content, especially in the hectic first few weeks.

So when Mageshadow steps up to the plate tomorrow and aims for the fences, I expect you all to be cheering for him and providing constructive criticism from day one. I think he's qualified for the job and wouldn't have picked him if I thought otherwise, but in the end it's really not my call on whether he remains the content manager here at JMTC, it's yours.

With that being said I am excited to see how much more information JMTC can provide for you by having myself focus on the gold guide and Mageshadow on the blog's content.

13 comments: on "Cataclysm Comes Tomorrow for JMTC"

  1. Mageshadow? Definitely a great choice!

  2. Good luck Mageshadow! I'm sure you will do a great job.

  3. Looking forward to reading all Mage's new postings and to a new direction in the site. We must not fear change.

    And good luck with traffic blogger. That's definitely something I'm interested in, what with now intending on keeping two separate blogs going with two completely different subject matters.

    Shattering? Bloomin' shattered more like. :-)

  4. Going to miss your personality from the posts, although hope you still remain as active as ever on FaceBook, JMTC Forums and Twitter :) Looking forward to seeing some of mages posts, a big step for the blog! Good luck dude

  5. I am very excited about having Mageshadow aboard, I am sure he will do a great job. Tomorrow morning I will be tuning in with a hot cup of coffee to get acquainted. I just purchased your gold guide, so I can't wait for new information on gold making opportunities in Cataclysm. Going to head over to Traffic Blogger and have a look.

  6. Awesome, good luck Mageshadow. We'll all be sure to keep you awash in ideas ;)

  7. I think it is a fantastic idea for you markco. Sometimes in a business you have to delegate, and I think it is the right call here. I don't think the quality of posts will suffer, and if it does, we will let you know. I hope your new guide rocks

  8. Excellent a good choice loved this guys blog. Thanks for all the continuing hard work i am sure this new arrangement will work out well.

  9. What an awesome addition to JMTC! I love The Gnomish Coin and love JMTC, so hopefully combining aspects of both will make for something epic! I can't wait! :D

  10. Welcome Mageshadow! Look forward to the future readings!

  11. This is a great idea and definately a bold business move, but i will most definately miss your personality!

    Not aquainted with the guy yet, but hopefully he will share some of the flare and and oversized ego that ive come to know and enjoy from you!

  12. Thanks for all of your support guys, it's very appreciated!

  13. Go Mage go!!
    Grats on your new position and I hope to see some great work from you soon :)

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide