JMTC Shattered: Cataclysm Content Manager

Hello Just My Two Copper! I, Mageshadow, will be your new content manager, and all I can say is that I'm extremely excited to work with such a wonderful audience.

As some of you know, I have been writing at The Gnomish Coin for the past couple months, and I’ve enjoyed every second of it, from the comments, the atmosphere, to even the small community of readers that I have. I enjoy blogging, it’s become more than a hobby now, it’s become something that I love. It gives me a way to help others, which is also something that I love to do. I’m a person that loves giving, anything that I have I’d be willing to give to those in need, sharing my thoughts and ideas with other people is a great way for me to give.

Me being the new Content Manager doesn't mean Markco is going completely away, he'll still be here posting and working, I will simply be helping out with content management.

Background

I will provide a little background about myself. I’m an 18 year old, male that just completely loves gaming. I’ve been playing games since I’ve been six, It all started with the Super Nintendo, Contra and Super Mario World. man those were the days, you'd invite everyone over to your house to come play and it was extremely fun. I slowly moved on from there, the PlayStation one, the Xbox, PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS, Etc. I’ve played almost all consoles now, except the Wii. I don't really enjoy offline games, or single player games, I'm more of a online guy, I love how every game can be extremely different than the last, and how you meet different people every single game.

I first saw World of Warcraft when I went over to my friends house and he showed it to me, when I first saw it I was astonished, I was amazed and I was hooked. It was amazing and mind blowing to me how the game worked, how simple yet addictive it was. That was back in 2005, I didn't have the money to pay for the game, so I forgot about it until I picked up a trial for $1.99 from the local GameStop in early 2007. Man, I was so hooked. I have been playing since Mid 2007, with small breaks for school.

I play a Fire Mage as my main, with an alt Holy/Prot Paladin. I enjoy raiding, I currently don’t raid seeing as the current content is months old, and I‘ve killed most of it several times. In Cataclysm, I plan to start raiding again, and give pvp a serious shot. I didn’t pvp much during Wrath of the Lich King, I did do some arena but only hit a lousy rating of 1700. I can see myself doing both raiding and pvp, especially rated battlegrounds, I’m really excited to see how they will work out.

I got into the gold game when I wanted the Tundra Mammoth on my mage. I saved up for months, roughly 4 to be exact. I bought it and I thought to myself... why can't I have all of that gold back? I instantly started flipping things left and right, in a matter of 2 weeks I had 15k. I then started investing into my paladin, I leveled him to 80 and power leveled jewelcrafting, and started buying saronite ore by the truckload, I was constantly dealing with 5-600 stacks a week, I basically ran my servers gem market. I would log in every morning to ridiculous amounts of gold, I did this for a couple months, until I hit 60k. Since then, I've been on Auto Pilot, flipping rare patterns, using my professions, finding niche markets, etc.

I now use Inscription, Jewelcrafting, Enchanting, Engineering and Blacksmithing. My biggest money makers so far have been Inscription, Enchanting and Engineering. I enjoy finding niche markets and controlling them, so far my biggest niche market have been BOA enchants.

My Goals for JMTC

My goals for Just My Two Copper are simple. I plan to make the site the best site possible. I’ll do whatever it takes to make the site even bigger than it already is. I want this community to grow, I want it to flourish. I can see the site 6 months down the road becoming even more successful than it already is.

I want to become one with you, the readers, I want to hear your thoughts and ideas, comments and suggestions, and improve the site based on your feedback. That being said, I will try to interact with the community as much as possible, the forums, e-mails, IRC, anything and everything to interact with you guys.

If you guys want to reach me, simply e-mail Markco, like always. Bloggers, If you’re reading this, I will be looking for way to interact with you, I’m sure most of us have already met, but I’m looking for guest posts, and ways to talk, and meet with all of you, so please if you have any ideas, drop Markco an e-mail. Don’t be afraid, he won’t bite :) I can also be reached through twitter @Mageshadow

With all of that being said, I can’t wait to see what the coming months will bring to JMTC. I hope to see you guys on the forums and in the IRC, as I will be hanging out there as much as possible, See you there!


14 comments: on "JMTC Shattered: Cataclysm Content Manager"

  1. Welcome Mage. Congratulations on this wonderful opportunity and we all look forward to your contributions to JMTC.

  2. Looking forward to your contributions :)

  3. Welcome aboard Mageshadow :) Looking forward to seeing what you do with JMTC!

  4. First of all, love the youthful enthusiasm. You're obviously a talented player, you just need to work on your writing a bit.

    Careful with the commas; you had a bunch of unnecessary ones and a few missing where they should have been. Try short, concise sentences. Your point gets across more firmly, is easier to read, and looks less like rambling with to-the-point statements.

    Other than that, great first post. Looking forward to the energy level of our new content manager!

  5. I've always enjoyed reading The Gnomish Coin. I'm a little sad I won't have two blogs to look at now. :-( Congrats on the new job!

  6. Nice post, welcome, even though you're half my age I look forward to you sharing your knowledge, I'm such a noob at making gold.

    Welcome!

  7. Hello, and welcome aboard. I love reading the Gnomish Coin, I feel like I am right in the room chatting with you, so having you here is awesome. My daughter bought me a trial account about one year ago, and I have never looked back. She is one of the best players I know, so age is just a number to me.
    Right now I am making gold off of my Glyphs and buying up stuff to sell on auction when Cata comes out.

  8. Thanks for all of your support guys, It really helps :)

    As for my grammar, I know I need to work on it. English isn't my first language, I actually speak fluent spanish :)

  9. Hey Mageshadow, good first post. Sucks about GC but whatever. I'm wondering if you'd mind expanding on one point you made about engineering being a moneymaker for you. On most blogs and forums I've read people go on about the inability of engineering to be a money maker. I realize quest items (mithril casing) and pets can make you money but if you know something the rest of you don't please share.

    Tks Gear

  10. Engineering can bring in huge profits, you just need to know what to sell.

    Pets, Bots, Parts, Mounts, Quest Items, The Chopper And such are great money makers, it may take sometime for the items to sell, but in the end you're turning 500g into 2000g.

    I think of engineering as "passive" income, if it sells then excellent, if it doesn't, simply repost. When things sell the profits are immense as the profit margins on most of the items made from engineering are huge.

    I'm not going to reveal everything though or name things down to the point, as that will be saved for a post scheduled at a later date. :)

  11. Hey i wanted to welcome you. I love the sight and have used many of the things listed and it has helped me tremendously. Hate to date myself but I started gaming with Pong...and been doing so every since...back in the day before windows...when you turned your computer on and only got a green screen...we use to write our own games...Sure glad WOW came along...lol

  12. As a loyal disciple of Markco, I have learned that engineering can never bring in any profit. As he said on Call to Auction, it's just not a money maker. Sure, you can make hundreds of gold with simple items and make alot of cash, but If Overlord Markco, Lord of the 18th Dimension, Mogul of Onyxia, and Saver of Kittens disagreed, then so do I.

  13. hey welcome to JMTC thanks for the tips about engineering now all i have to do is get a alt with engineering and ill be set!! :)

  14. LOL :3 James

    I love the sarcasm!

    I actually said that you can make tons with engineering, which is what Jason is secretly alluding to.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide