The 64 bit client blues


Generally this journal is about making gold.   Being a gold goblin and wanting to post up auctions today
early after the server restarts,  I attempted to log on.   The client automatically tried to update.   Not a problem,  happens all the time.

Then I got this error.


Okay,  annoying,  but lets just restart the client again.    Nope.  Same error.

So a quick search of the worldofwarcraft.com technical support gave me this


My house was filled with the sounds of "ugh".  Figuring this might end up being a long drawn out process
I clicked the link.   Thankfully not a lot of work was necessary.

1.   Go to your installation folder for warcraft
2.   Delete these 3 files
      Wow-64.exe
      MovieProxy.exe
      Battle.net-64.dll

If you have a mac delete 

      World of Warcraft-64.app

Restart the warcraft loader,   you might end up getting a message of corrupted game files,  don't panic
just let the booter run it's course.

Then keep an eye on the link to the warcraft site at 64 bit client and download it when available.

No harm,  no foul.  Thanks Uncle Blizzard.   Could you warn us next time before I get more grey hair?

Added:  Updated client now available here

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.  

Past Entries






0 comments: on "The 64 bit client blues"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide