Time to Invest... Invest in Time


Every so often I get requests for personalized help.   If I can help people from time to time to specialize
tips to their server then I'm grateful.   It means that this small tour of my thoughts reaches someone.

But there is a common thread with all the requests.  A misunderstanding or sorts that makes me wonder
just what the expectations players have with making gold.   No matter the updates,  patches,  addons,  advice given by any blog.  There is no easy button when it comes to time.

The same amount of time that is used to level a toon,  gear a toon,  prepare them for normal dungeons,  heroic dungeons and even raiding.   Preparations also have to be done for making gold.   Whether it's just getting used to the Auction House,  farming or purchasing materials for crafting.  Or learning how the market works.  A learning curve is necessary every day to become the ultimate in gold goblins.

When an emailer messages me asking how they can make "lots of gold",  my first question is what do you bring to the table?   What professions,   what farming abilities do you feel comfortable with.   But ultimately it comes down to how much time do you have to invest.   One of the best addons for making gold is Trade Skill Master has a steep learning curve from the start.  Even with the "semi automated" system it installs,  there is an amount of time that is necessary to gain materials,  craft items and list on the auction house.

Farming for patterns requires an amount of investment in time.   Leveling alternate toons for acess to other professions adds more time to the investment total.   All of these add up to just how much is brought to the table to gain your goblin gold.

Many goblins make 10k+ gold a day.   They spend hours just listing auctions and gaining materials.  And that is the cut off between what is necessary to make gold.  Your knowledge will only get you so far,   your time becomes more valuable the farther up the gold ladder you want to rise.

Trading off is that knowledge can help shorten up the required time.  A 10 minute look at Wowhead or one of the many gold blogs will show you how to increase your gold per minute spent.   And with knowledge becomes power to be that much farther towards your goals.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.  

Past Entries
Thinking Outside the Old World Box



0 comments: on "Time to Invest... Invest in Time"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide