Minimum Profit Potential.


Mommar here.

Yesterday as i was puttering around Orgrimmar a player was emptying out their guild bank.   Items they were selling were mostly junk items,  some even from the beginning of World of Warcraft time.

As they were listing items some gems came up.   Mostly gems from Wrath (Alicite,  Dark Jade etc.).   Now one of my favorite old markets was the Wrath version of the shuffle.   Taking a combination of Alicite,  Dark Jades or the other gems during that time frame and craft rings/neck pieces.   At that point you could decide either to vendor them or to sell them.

In today's market most of these items sit on the AH with the occasional sale.  Quickly they become vendor bait or Disenchanting bait.   Still even with those decisions made an interesting profit can be made with a few non thinking crafting decisions.

But it did bring up the mental Roll-a-Dex to decide just what the limit in my quest for profit would be.  In everything i have shared with you,  one of the biggest decisions that a gold goblin has to make is determining what is worth their time.  Is crafting an item to sell for 100g just as valuable as crafting one for 1000g.

I dislike immensely being non productive when I'm playing WOW.  Either I'm doing dailies on my main or my alts,  crafting for others in my unofficial clan,  sorting through items to sell or gazing longingly at the auction house and new mounts showing up (500,000g for a Feldrake brought a little drool).   The continual question for me is am I using my minimum profit potential on all I sell.

Next time that you look at something and say 'that's not worth my time',  decide whether that small amount of profit might add up to a large fortune.   Every little step gets you to the top of the gold pile.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Previous Entries

Lions,  Tigers and Cooldowns O My
Snakes in the Playground
Craft Me Some Pants.. Or Something Else
Flipping the BMAH off
Dear Blizzard:   Noblegarden Edition
Throwing A Line
Prepping For the Death Of PVP
Patience is a Virtue.
I Choose You....: Reputation Choices
Thunderforge Ready for Business
Determine Value: Spirits of Harmony
Hearthstone:   The New Wow Killer?
What Days Do You Sell?
Loot Pinata
Taking Advantage of The Market
The Inportance of being Hot(fixes)
Don't Fret Young Farmer



0 comments: on "Minimum Profit Potential."

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide