Old World vs New World Profits


Mommar here

The past couple of days I've been busy with other projects so had to cut down my time playing World of Warcraft.  Finishing my daily chores and a little exploration to get my lock up the unlocking of the gates quest eaten up a lot of my time.

I did spend a little bit of time doing some quick flips of items,  including my biggest pet peeve when it comes to markets.   Ghost Iron Bars should never,  ever be sold cheaper than the ore itself.   So I took a little of time to flip the market for what I was most comfortable pricewise.

In the past month I've gotten a little bit lazy when it comes to farming,  taking that little bit of profit off the top to spend on materials instead of farming them myself.   The measurement of the value of my time makes it much more cost effective than spending a couple of hours grabbing product for all of my daily timer crafts.

That doesn't mean that I don't do any farming in other areas.   Old crafting materials are starting to make a comeback and keeping an eye on enchanting materials.  Where the basic ore still tends to sell lower than I like,  a nice burst of demand for dust and celestials from both Wrath and Cataclysm areas bring in a nice profit.

The key to this is not abandoning old world techniques,  including the Elementium shuffle to generate profit.  Mists of Pandaria made it much more difficult to generate gold with the combination of an Enchanter/Jewelcrafter.   It required more juggling and decision making than just what was given during Wrath.   The same applies now,  except that crafted items for the most part are not going to sell well on the Auction House in the 80-85 range.  These areas are leveled through very quickly and players take their new toons into higher areas.

I've preached the idea of knowing your market and also knowing your conversion of materials.  What is that price point that will allow you to generate a quick profit,  against letting items sit there to deteriorate in demand.   That mental toolbox being put to the test.

Test yourself this weekend and see just where you think old world profits can be squeezed from.

Good Luck and Good Hunting



Bad Bad Robot.. The Warcraft Edition
Strengthen Your Google-Fu
Go To Sales
Weekend Warriors
Possible Glyphmas With Patch 5.3?
The Green Parade
Lions,  Tigers and Cooldowns O My
Snakes in the Playground
Craft Me Some Pants.. Or Something Else
Flipping the BMAH off
Dear Blizzard:   Noblegarden Edition
Throwing A Line
Prepping For the Death Of PVP
Patience is a Virtue.
I Choose You....: Reputation Choices
Thunderforge Ready for Business





  1. Yeah I think the biggest thing that MOP did was break the wills of so many Ore shufflers. I only make a little gold out of it because I have an alchemist and I live on a near dead server with no one selling gems.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide