Kill The Death Knight.. Kill It Now


I have never fooled myself into the belief that I am the best World of Warcraft player around.  Over the years I have become better at playing certain toons.  But there is one class that has escaped my ability to be anything more than subpar.

Just like the majority of players,  when Blizzard introduced the Death Knight I ran out and rolled one as quickly as I could.  Starting to level her (I chose a Tauren Death Knight) It ended up feeling like a spam fest to me.  I would learn a rotation only to have it changed with another patch.  Doing my due diligence I researched the different options and playstyles to see which one would end up being the least complicated.

If you have been seeing some of the videos that get posted up,  Death Knights seem to be able to solo anything.  Even before the end of Cataclysm they were shown soloing bosses.  They were unstoppable in PVP and every raid group seemed to want to have at least one DK in their pocket for tanking duties.   But my poor lowly DK was feeling left out because she was crippled by the guy behind the keyboard controlling her.

As I was going through my toons again it struck me that other than selling pets and a few supplies I hadn't played my DK through either Cataclysm or Mists of Pandaria.  7 other toons got my attention while my little dead eyed girl sat in Dalaran waiting for her chance.  One that probably wasn't going to happen in the near future.

Everyone has lost toons.  Ones that struck a fancy for a bit but weren't as enjoyable as they seemed at the start.  Deciding whether to delete them to roll another class,  or just let them sit in the hopes that they can be entertaining again after tweaking and changes.  The decision to delete can be a tough one.  Especially if they are the link to your storage guild you have then sitting in.  What is the payment that I am willing to make to change class and toons.  I could take all of the materials in the guild and mail it to another toon.  After that delete my mad cow and then roll another toon.  Then find another guild,  buy all 7 slots and then reload all of the materials back into the guild.  

This would seem like a huge waste of gold and time just because I'm not feeling like bringing out the uber god of death to the field of play.   But then I could always suck it up and see what the thrill that other players are finding.   Level her to 90 and the go PVP with her?   Let her run around when I"m bored and smack mobs for farming duties.   Re-purposing her from sitting on her buns and let her wreck havoc.

It is also not like I need to make these decisions now.  There is nothing wrong with having her sit a little bit longer deciding if I want to keep her or not.  I already have the other 10 toons to babysit for one reason or another.  But the longer she sits there without any purpose,  the farther she will need to level once it's her time to come out and play.

Decisions decisions decisions.  But isn't this just another part of the game along with making gold?

Good Luck and Good hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbear @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 


Time to Remodel The Financial House
Sense Of Entitlement
Patch 5.4:   Golden Lotus Beatdown
Four Levels of Wow Activity
Patch 5.4:  Preparing your Farmers
Patch 5.4:  Easy Gear.. Easy Go
Prepping for Patch 5.4: The Beginning
The End of a Pricing Era
Patch 5.4 prep:   Do You Know Where Your Tailor Is?
The Pitfalls of Trade Barking
7.7 Million Customers and Nothing Sells
Priorities in PVP Gear Pricing
Prep for Patch 5.4: Long Term Goals
Weekend Is Here
Take Me To Naxx
Profit Anonymous


 


0 comments: on "Kill The Death Knight.. Kill It Now"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide