Four Levels of Wow Activity


A friend of the Journal emailed me and asked me a question.   They wanted to know what I did when I just didn't feel like logging on to wow that day.

I had those days.  Many times it's the edge of being burnt out on the day to day activities that happen with World of Warcraft.   Not wanting to enchant one more scroll.  No interest in crafting one more piece of offer.  The thought of finishing an instance just makes me cringe.

Warning players that this is not a job.   You may have 'responsibilities' that you should do when you decide to log on is one thing.  But the minute that logging on to play a game becomes a job,  that's when it's time to reevaluate just how valuable your time is.

What I ended up doing is setting four different levels of logging on.  Each day might be different depending on what I want to do.

Minimum Day:

This is a day that the only thing I do is burn down my profession timers (Inscription,  Enchanting,  Blacksmithing,  Leatherworking,  Jewelcrafting etc.).   Depending on whether I have the materials at my toons fingertips of having to buy them from the Auction house, this generally takes me 20 minutes to complete.

Average Day:

On this day I'm going to go and finish everything for my minimum day,  plus list 10 items from each profession.  This requires a little knowledge of what has the highest profit margin.  This does not include any new crafting,  just list the top 10 items I have online.   Usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to finish all of these.

Maximum Day:

On one of these days I am finishing up all of my listings for all of my professions.  I might throw in some of the higher profit crafts to make.  Also working on some flips that I see need to be done.  Also included is all of the profession timer burns and also running a few instances.  I allot 1-3 hours for these days.  This also allows me to return to relist items and run instances/farm for points.

Overachiever Day:

These are my marathon sessions.  I have drinks at the ready,  popcorn to graze on and locking in for a long day of leveling,  profession grinding,  crafting,  instance running and buying/selling.   I do allow myself small breaks to refresh my brain when needed.  The longest I've done one of these sessions is 14 hours.  These are the ones I've limited because it feeds into that burn out feeling that happens the longer an expansion matures.

You have every option to decide what time frame works for you.  You might include a farming time that the only thing you do is farm while watching/listening to a movie.  Maybe you're just farming the Auction House for deals and flips without worrying about anything else.  You are in control of your own time allotment.  And your time is just as valuable as your gold is.  

Just remember,  this is a game and not a job.  If it becomes a job,  ask for a raise.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbear @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Patch 5.4:  Preparing your Farmers
Patch 5.4:  Easy Gear.. Easy Go
Prepping for Patch 5.4: The Beginning
The End of a Pricing Era
Patch 5.4 prep:   Do You Know Where Your Tailor Is?
The Pitfalls of Trade Barking
7.7 Million Customers and Nothing Sells
Priorities in PVP Gear Pricing
Prep for Patch 5.4: Long Term Goals
Weekend Is Here
Take Me To Naxx
Profit Anonymous
Only Worth What Someone Will Pay







0 comments: on "Four Levels of Wow Activity"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide