Cross Faction Trading Example

"Hello there Markco,

First of all I'd like to say thanks for all your gold tip and amazing blog, of which I read everyday. Last night I decided to give cross faction trading a go, and as I found out this can be very profitable. I only bought 2 recipes, which were Recipe: Savory Deviate Delight, and Recipe: Elixir of Giant Growth. I bought 3 of the Savory Deviate Delight Recipe, each for about 200-250g each, and 4 of the Elixir of Giant Growth, each for about 25g. I then transferred them to my alliance toons, and sent them to my bank alt. I kept and used one of the deviate recipes, and I later sold one of each to my awesome thorium farmer, both for about 500g. I then proceeded to post one of each of the recipes on the auction house, I posted the Savory Deviate Delight for 1000 gold, and to my surprise it sold within seconds of me saying something about it in trade. The other recipe ( of which I still have 1 of ), sold for 150g on the auction house.
I must say, I will be repeating this process and will later proceed to dive further into the markets, although, the prices aren't much different of ores, gems, etc. For about minutes of work, I made about 1100g of easy profit, only using 2 rare recipes which rarely appear on the Alliance AH. and I even got to keep on of the recipes. I must warn people though, the process of trading cross faction using the neutral AH, can be dangerous on high population servers, as there can be bots waiting for you to post your high value things at 1 copper. You can avoid this by posting a low value item ( such as food ) for 1 copper, and see if someone buys it, and add them to your friends list and then trade when the botter(s) are offline.

I also just wanted to add, thanks for bringing me into world of making gold, as it has affected a good part of my daily game play, in a positive manner.

- Mageshadow"

Nice tips Mageshadow :) For an item to flip back from alliance to horde try wool cloth.

4 comments: on "Cross Faction Trading Example"

  1. Mageshadow / Carlos said... June 14, 2010 at 11:58 AM

    I would also like to add that I have been making the Elixir of Giant Growth for about 1g 50s per and been selling a stack a night around 300g+. It's great profit on the Alliance AH as the recipe is rare to find.

  2. I like the idea of cross faction AH to make money, but I'm having a bit of trouble getting into it. What items should I be looking for regularly to try and flip besides wool and some recipes?

  3. Unfortunately, now that Blizzard has released access to the AH through armory the person sniping your cross faction auction no longer has to be online.

    Furthermore, having a web-based way to access the AH is essentially like publishing an API for botters to use. I expect to see a lot of people set up accounts that do noting but scan and snatch underpriced items all day long through the web.

  4. At the moment Volatile Air is working great for me here. 15g each on Horde side, 30g on Alliance - that's 200% profit. And as you all know Volatile Air sells extremely well, so well worth looking into if your server has different prices for it.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide