Icy Prism Cooldown Removed

It is now confirmed. The old Icy prism from Wrath of the lich king has had it cooldown removed. This is an excellent "stealth buff" for us gold makers. You now have the ability to obtain wrath rare & epic gems and also a chance at dragons eyes all for the low cost of 1 icy prism.

Let's take a look at how much one Icy Prism will cost to craft - I'm using TUJ and I'm picking a random server for every item:

  • Frozen Orb - 9-15g
  • Chalcedony - 2g
  • Shadow Crystal - 2.5g
  • Dark Jade - 2.5g
That brings the total cost of one Icy Prism in the ballpark of 15-25g. What can you obtain from one Icy prism? Whatever you'll obtain it'll be well worth over 25g once it cut and listed at the auction house.

What people don't realize is that Yeah cataclysm gems might be better off for the higher levels, but guess what? Cataclysm gems require an item level of 285+ while the old wrath gems do not! By selling wrath gems you're able to target the people who are under level 80 and are simply leveling through content. I've been selling wrath epic gems for a while at 100-150g per gem and I'm not surprised they're selling, nope not one bit. Gold's inflated so much to the point where 100g is child's play, I mean honestly I know you can go make/earn 100g in under 5 minutes regardless of what you're doing.

People will and ARE buying wrath gems, it's an essential part of human beings to fulfill that missing socket in X gear, thus they run to AH and end up buying these gems. With the cooldown removed from the Icy Prism you now have an easy way to obtain wrath gems, hell you could even buy Saronite Ore and prospect it to obtain wrath rare gems and materials for the icy prisms themselves. This market is golden and those who are in it are raking in thousands of gold per day simply because no one is in it!

What are you waiting for? Start making those Icy prisms and start raking in extra gold per day! Who knows, wrath gems might even sell better than cataclysm gems on your server!

14 comments: on "Icy Prism Cooldown Removed"

  1. This is one of the best tips I've seen on your site in a while. Great job! Kudos to the author!!

  2. I am leveling my mage through Outlands right now and I have 2 unsocketed items. I have been completely unable to find appropriate gems for the past 2 days! If you were on my server you could have sold Wrath gems to me for a premium and I would have paid.

  3. Thanks for the post. Been wanting to get into this market for awhile now but totally forgot about the icy prism. Sitting out on the open sea between two countries (Finland-Sweden) when reading this.

    Good thing there is wifi onboard and I've got remote AH. Cleaned out cheap mats on both ally and horde side that now waits for me to get home :P

  4. I've been selling Wrath epic gems for 250g per and 300g per for reds (Delicate, Brilliant, etc) ever since the start of Cata. Actually been hampered because of the lack of raw gems, this is excellent news.

  5. The 285+ item level requirement was a recent "nerf" added after cata was released. I was able to level a character to OL, and get these gems on their gemmed pants, etc, and they worked with no restriction.

    After about 2 weeks, Blizz was dumb enough to add in the restriction.

  6. Silverthorn said... May 4, 2011 at 5:57 PM

    Yes, I've been happily churning them out. I've had to resist passing you the tip, because as soon as you publish, too many goblins on my server read your tips! That makes it really difficult to profit from them, but I still love reading them!

  7. Looks like someone on my server already jumped on this.

    Frozen Orbs are going for 70g now, and Chalecdony/Dark Jade both jumped at least 200-300%. All of this happened today -_-

  8. Haha dam you Mage, I had just wrote this on my blog as my 1st big original tip and JMTC hits onto it too...Oh well I'm still happy with it and if anyone wants more info on doing it you can contact me via my blog as i have been doing it to generate money even before the cooldown was removed


    give me a holla over at www.Gimpsgold.blogspot.com

    Gimp

  9. Well, on EU servers, tested @ 8:20 am GMT, there's is very much a cooldown on Icy Prisms.

  10. Lvled 5 Chars up to 85 last weeks, no char had the need of gems. i did not have soketed items in this time... dont see the market at this point.

  11. Just tested on Feathermoon US. The cooldown is gone. But do note, you can only make one at a time.

  12. On the US servers, there was a mini-patch and a reboot this morning.

    It's likely that the EU servers will have to wait for their mini-patch and reboot for the cooldowns to disappear.

    Lucky them, because you can probably get the Frost orbs cheaper before the cooldown arrives, and you're forewarned.

  13. Just to confirm it it live on EU servers. It's as someone above put, you can only have 1 in your bag at a time.

  14. Mind you, if someone picks up on this and overprices the Frozen Orbs, cash in on that! For just 110 JP, you've got a frozen orb @ the sellers in Dalaran.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide