Urgent Issue with Wow Coaching Program

Update: Scott Smith, one of the coaches, had an issue with his account being rebilled accidentally. Here is our conversation for those interested.

Attention Wow Coaches

There was a very serious issue with the coaching program this past week, maybe even past two months. So serious in fact that I'm putting out a post on it right now.

Apparently, four of the coaches quit the program last month but were billed again this month for it anyway. Being that I've worked with clickbank products for a long time, I thought that I knew how to handle cancelling a subscription product. Unfortunately, I handled it incorrectly and none of the accounts were cancelled. Thus, when the next billing cycle came along, all of these coaches were re-billed even though they were no longer coaches in the program.

The coaching program was meant for more than just the audience here looking for one on one tutoring. It was also meant to inspire bloggers by making them realize that they have something of value on their site and that they can both make money online and help their audience in the process. Many of these coaches went on to write their own guides and have been much better off for going through the program and reading the tutorials I created for them. Some were not so fortunate and obviously they had every right to cancel their subscriptions.

That being said, there are some coaches who have seen quite a bit of success with the coaching program, and although it wasn't nearly as successful as I thought it would be, I'm glad that it worked out for some of them.

For now though, I would like to publicly apologize to anyone who was rebilled when they shouldn't have been. I have tried emailing each of these four coaches to get in touch with them one on one and rectify the situation, although some have not responded to my emails yet. Thank you to @Prncesspwn for informing me of who the coaches were and for discussing the issue with me over skype.

So Now What?

So what does this mean for you, the readers here? Nothing, carry on. This won't count as today's gold tip. News wise, I'd like to mention that I am looking into purchasing a server to host the JMTC weekly meetings, so that's something to look forward to in the near future.

For the bloggers? I am very sorry for the misunderstanding and you have every right to be angry about the situation. Please contact me one on one and I will walk you through the process for cancelling and refunding the coaching purchase.

I'm going to be going on vacation Friday and coming back on the 13th of May, so PLEASE email me asap to get this resolved tomorrow.

32 comments: on "Urgent Issue with Wow Coaching Program"

  1. Nice to see you address it on the blog as I for one thought that one particular gold blogger that shall remain nameless came out with some comments that were unecessary and possibly misleading. He could have dealt with it in another way. Respect to those who didn't get involved. I for one, won't be reading his gold blog anymore.

  2. @Anonymous I totally dropped the ball in the initial handling of the situation, but afterwards I feel that I made an honest and fair effort in resolving the misunderstanding.

    I agree that the comments were out of line.

  3. LOVING the anon comments on Cold's blog.
    If i were marcko, by the end of it i'd probably have just called the guy a c*nt and yelled some (I'm no good with my temper). It appears to me that the situation was being rectified, but Cold was itching for drama.
    This is definitely a worthwhile distraction from university assignments :) Do enjoy!

  4. im pretty sure some one in business for themselves wouldn't screw over someone else in the same business for $40.. a simple mistake perhaps, over reaction perhaps..we may never know

  5. Simple fix. Give him a full refund and make it a non-issue.

  6. @Harold I did. He just wanted some drama is all.

  7. Everyone needs to look at the comments on his post rofl. He's a huge dumbass. There are some posts that just look......Odd. Def. hidden messages in there haha.

    And just so it doesn't stir anymore *hit. NO COLD it was not Markco who posted them. It was ME and you'll never know who I am.

    Cold just wants to pick a fight and its coming out looking like a complete idiot afterwards. Cold is officially a JOKE.

  8. LOL LOVE COLDS COMMENTS HES A TOOL.. But in all seriousness. I want to say I was/Is a coach and it was honestly a pain in the ass to cancel. That being said it required a little leg work on the end of the coach to cancel. But after doing its not as hard as Cold made it out to seem.

    I was in Skype when Markco was fixing the situation with Prncesspwn and Markco was genuinely sorry for what happen. And apotheosized at least 100 times about it.

    Also want to say Markco you a slimeball Snake that is hard up for money and have to take poor college kids money. Very disappointed with you.. haha ENJOY Vacation Bro :D :D

    Talk to you when you get back

  9. I for one won't stop reading either blog. I get bits and pieces of information from both sites as well as multiple other blogs (as I'm sure most readers do).

    This looks to me like an overreaction to a misunderstanding, but I suspect there is more to this story than has been published on either blog.

    I suggest to solve this, instead of acting like butthurt children, you and Cold compete to the best of your ability to bring the very best content to your readers. In other words, step up your respective games, and simply ignore each other otherwise. There are more than enough of us readers to go around, and the truth is, most of us are going to still read both your blogs. As for actually purchasing anything, this is hurting both of you in potential sales.

  10. At the end of the day it doesn't matter who's side of the argument you are on Markco dropped the ball on this one its bad business over charging someone.

    Its easy to be very apologetic after the incident happened, it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

    Its your reputation that is on the line and as far as i'm concerned both Markco and Cold your reputations have gone down in my estimation.

  11. I think markco has done a pretty good job handling this. If you read the emails it is obvious that cold really doesn't like him, and that even with insults a plenty markco still offered cold with the information necessary to get the refund.

    I also think that cold is exaggerating about the number of angry coaches involved. So far it's just him as none of the people he named have spoken up.

  12. Since my name was brought into this, I feel I should make an appearance and explain things from my point of view. I got into the coaching program on the day of release on the 4th of February. I had not made any sales, and 2 days b4 my technical 60 days was up, to cancel my subscription, in order to get my money back, as per his 60 day money back guarantee.

    Markco informed me that I needed to cancel my subscription with clickbank myself, which is fine. I thought I had canceled it, but I in fact didn't.

    I prolly never would have had noticed had I not seen more drama on Twitter, and checked Colds past tweets throughout the morning. After reading Cold's tweets,I checked my bank account to see if I was charged as well, which I was, and I sent Cold an email asking what he was doing to get the refund, and he gave me a list of things he was doing in order to move things along, which is the same list above in his post.

    I began getting in contact with my bank finding out how I can cancel the subscription on that end, and started looking at Clickbank to figure out what I needed to do to get refunded. I started the emails with Cold around 4pm, and the conversation continued on till 7ish. Around that time I was in a skype call with Adam(dollada06) and Xander, talking about this situation. Cold got into the skype call as well, then Markco got on skype so we ended the call with Cold, and got into a call with Markco.

    I explained what was going on to Markco, and he apologized a million times, and began helping me find the proper links in order to be able to get my refund. Markco was incredibly understanding my reason for being mad about the situation, and has continued to be in contact with me on skype making sure I am doing everything right in order to get my refund that I deserve.

    I was informed of a couple people who also had the same problem as Cold and I, so I helped him try and get in contact with the others, and from my understanding he was sending email out to all the coaches he knew of, and possibly all coaches with a proper link in order to make sure everyone knew how to cancel the subscription and get the refunds necessary.

    In my opinion, everyone has a right to be mad about the situation, but I think it depends how you handle the situation, that determines the outcome. Cold has said several times in the past 2 days, that he alrdy got his money back, and yet he is still causing a scene.

    There comes a point where you have to take a step back and reevaluate your actions. When you have your money back, there should be a chance to inform, but demeaning another person, shows your true immaturity.

    Prncesspwn

  13. Take a look at the comments on Cold's site, Prncess - there are a few that aren't exactly mature if you look at them closely (i.e., look at the first letter of each line), and while they are listed as from anonymous, I'd venture to say they are probably from Markco or Mageshadow - Mageshadow even points them out to make sure Cold sees these messages.

    As such, I don't think you can call either side very mature in this situation.

  14. Don't say crap if you don't know anything. It wasn't me, it wasn't markco. Prncess knows who it is as so do I.

  15. yes I saw the comments, and yes I know you put them there, and it wasn't Markco or Mageshadow, or myself for that matter.

    When I wrote the comment no where in it was I talking about anyone else besides the situation I was involved in with Markco and Cold. As for the comments, yes most of them are immature, but it's the actions of both sides that prompted the comments. I never said either side was right or wrong, because it seems to me that both sides could and should have handled each situation differently.

    As for myself, I have received 1 refund, and will be getting the rest of what I deserve in the coming days. Markco was very helpful to me, since even though he is on his way on a vacation, he still read my email, and escalated my ticket with Clickbank. I'm not hiding under anonymous. I know what happened and will continue to speak the truth.

  16. I meant WHO** not YOU!

    Prncesspwn

  17. Ok, your name was attached to one of the posts saying "look at the first letters, Cold". If that isn't you, then my apologies. If it is, I stand by my statement.

    Perhaps you didn't do the anonymous posts actually doing it, perhaps neither did Markco, but you clearly aren't discouraging the behavior, if the name posting there as "Mageshadow" was in fact you, as you pointed out the posts, and now by your own admission, you say you know who did make those posts. If you know who did it, and are against such actions, enlighten us. Otherwise you are complicit.

    My only point in all of this was that neither site has been a paragon of maturity in this situation, so don't act like I'm being unfair. I think Cold is just as immature in this situation. And oh, I'll say what I want - free country, bub. If you want to view this and not post it in your comments, thats fine, but part of having a public forum is dealing with dissenting opinions. Its life - deal with it.

  18. @anon - I've never blocked a comment on the site you're free to say as you wish, think as you wish and post as you wish ( as long as it's not spam/trash ).

  19. Good to hear, Mageshadow.

    I wasn't trying to stir up anything (more than it already has been), although my earlier comment suggesting you and Markco making the anon posts probably came across that way, so my apologies again on that. I have no problem giving you guys the benefit of the doubt if you say it wasn't you. I'm hopeful this can come to a resolution quickly between JMTC and Cold, and both parties can just move on and basically ignore each other. At this point, I think you would agree it is probably the most mature course of action for both parties. This is assuming Cold ceases further posts on this subject as well - I can understand the need to defend one's reputation if further posts come out.

  20. This is getting hard to follow...

    Someone posting under "anonymous" here is chastizing and trying to out someone posting under "anonymous" on another site.

    For those of you who may have trouble defining "irony"....good example right here.

  21. I'm glad someone called Markco out. Again. It became clear to me a long time ago that is nothing more than the classic internet snake oil salesman.

  22. I mean honestly you all are acting like 5 year olds in this situation.

    Posting his full name on the internet has douchebagary written all over it, what's Markco's last name? Honestly is Markco even a real name? lol Neither of you should be 'proud' of how many people subscribe to your blog, 12,000 people is 0.1% of the WoW population. Maybe it makes you feel big. I don't know.

    Again, this seems like barrens chat bullshit, and I'm surprised that it went this far, and you both need to calm the hell down and realize you blog about making fake currency in a video game.

  23. "Posting his full name on the internet has douchebagary written all over it"

    Exactly.

    I could say more but no doubt I'd be wasting my time, it wouldn't get posted. I will say I have no respect left for mageshadow at all.

  24. @ Anon 7.35pm, not the first time this type of stuff has happened just Google "Markco Gevlon" and you will see what i mean. Let see if this get posted by the almighty powers that be at JMTC, Many of my posts never make it through, i guess they dont like what is put. Be the bigger man ERM... Ermmmm... Erm.... Mage and let people be aware of Markco's past indiscretions.

  25. Man you guys really talk a lot of smack when you have no idea what is going on. First of all, Markco put up the name not me. Finding Markco's name ISN'T very hard - go to his traffic blogger site and you'll find it. Putting someones name on the web is nothing and finding who someone is incredibly easy.

    @John, I've said this time and time again. I do not moderate comments. At all. I've said this 10,000 times and I'm really starting to get sick of doing so. I. do. not. Moderate. Comments.

  26. "Putting someones name on the web is nothing"

    That's exactly the problem with kids nowadays. You have no respect for anyone. It is not nothing and attempting to trivialize it with comments like that only makes it worse.

    It doesn't matter who in particular at JMTC did it. The problem is that one of you did do it and the rest of you obviously don't care.

  27. Hi, Hello, My name is Carlos Torres.

  28. Yet another childish comment from mageshadow. Why am I not surprised.

    Might as well rename this site Barrens Chat.

  29. If you wanted to know Cold's real name, all you had to do was look at his post on his site, in one of his screen shots, Cold posted has his real name in it. And Markco didn't even edit the post with Cold's name until after Cold posted his post, so get a freakin life!

  30. The real name was posted to spite him. It was childish, that's why it bothers everyone. Mageshadow and Princess, you both have your heads so far up markco's behind that you don't even see how immature you are being in all of this. Don't sit there and justify behaviour and tell people to "get a life". You guys know you're wrong and you just can't deal with it, hence the kindergarten behaviour.

  31. I know I for one won't be using JMTC as a reference anymore. I've had it with Markco's snake oil salesman tactics and Mageshadow behaving like his little lapdog. The kids aren't worth our time.

  32. I'm just going to go ahead and stop all the drama. This entire thing was blown up to hell by Cold. Everyone got their refund back.

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide