It's All Attitude


Every so often I have a note or letter that crosses my desk.   I read it then set it aside.   After 5 minutes of squeezing my stress ball I will reread the letter and then type my response.

Why do I take the extra 5 minutes?   Because my knee jerk reaction many times would be to take the letter and scrap heap it.   Something that I prefer not to do.  If the readers of this humble journal take the time to write me personally.  Then they should receive the same treatment and get a note back or comment back.

Generally the note that sets me off is when I see someone writing me saying "I can't make gold".   Now this is a common plea from many players.  And with Mists of Panderia right on the cusp of being brought out,  we will see more and more please from new players who have not taken the time to learn how to make gold.

The main idea of making gold is one thing.  Change your attitude.   You can go in with an attitude that you can't make gold,  and it's almost a guarantee that you will accomplish the negative projection.  You will give up,  go and scrounge around for little bits of gold that you can find,   mumble and grumble that you can't afford the epic sword of smackiness (patent pending) and generally hate world of warcraft after a while.

It's the same attitude that has people sitting in Orgrimmar saying "I'm bored,  I'm bored" but not attempting to do a thing with their character.   There are multiple ways of earning gold.  Questing,  dungeoning,  raiding,  selling,  mugging a street vendor.   But there is only one way to fail at making gold.  And that is to do absolutely nothing but complain that you can't make gold.

Now please understand,  I'm not saying that making gold is easy or hard.  Frankly it's easy if your given the right tools that I try to present here.  But what does keep the growing gold goblins needs down against the ground,  is that they don't want to learn,  or to work at making gold.   To those people,  I apologize but this journal is not for you.  We work here,  whether it's a little or a lot.  We work to get what we want,  and we enjoy the spoils of that work.  And we share it with our friends.  

So when you start seeing new players beg for gold,  or give the cry of the gold goblin noob "I can't afford my first mount".   Give them a piece of advice first,   show them a journal they can go too (I would enjoy it being this one,  but others can do the same advice as well).   Give them the fishing pole so they can fish for gold,  and not just feed them for a meal.   That's how you change the attitude of others in a game with plenty of attitude to spare.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Past Entries




Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "It's All Attitude"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide