Wowcations

If you haven't been on your favorite server lately.   It's probably a lot more bare of people than what most expect.   A lull also seems to fall on Azeroth and the other continents between the ending of one expansion and the beginning of another.

I'm a proponent of taking some time off of warcraft from time to time.   This might make warcraft sound like a job.   But the need to recharge the batteries mentally allows someone to come back with a new perspective on the Warcraft game.  I've taken wowcations from time to time even during the raiding season.   When I start to find the warcraft game as a grind,  or even the dreaded "job" i will walk away from the game for a week and work on other projects.

I've also have made mistakes when I took my wowcations.  I didn't empty out my mailboxes (for much longer wowcations).  Where items sent from one character will automatically revert to the sender after 30 days.  Proceeds or automatic mailbox items from the Auction house (unsold items or profits from sales) will end up being automatically deleted after 30 days.

I've also made the mistake of having my wowcations set up during major events.   There are certain yearly events that missing them is more of a ho hum event.  But with more and more of the events having daily quests and resellable items,  it becomes more and more difficult to plan these wowcations without losing the possibility of money making opportunities.

This is where the in game calender and planning ahead become useful.   Most people in their real lives will plan out exactly when they plan on going to see Aunt Petunia in Indiana,   and put in the necessary request from their jobs.   Telling the kids that they will be leaving at this time etc.  

There is no real difference between how a wowcation is planned in your gaming life,  and a vacation is planned in real life.  Your guild leader should be told when your planning on taking some time off.  Especially if your in the rotation for running raids.   Your farmers should be informed that there may be a delay in their monies if your not there to COD pay for their items.   Anyone that connects to your gaming life should get at least a note saying you will be gone for a while.

Warcraft is a game at first,  it's your 15 dollars to play how you wish to play.  But a certain amount of professional and personal attitude can do wonders on how people view you.   It may seem like just a little bit of work,  but in the long run it can save you a long amount of frustration from others.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Past Entries


Enhanced by Zemanta

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide