Reforging - Cataclysm Ability

With the Cataclysm will come sweeping changes to professions as well a new one and some new abilities for past professions. One of these new ideas is the ability to reforge created (and possibly non created) gear for the purpose of changing stats. You will not be able to change all your gear but gear will be forever changeable and never stuck with whatever you first picked. Gear cannot be changed to a stat it already has either. Basically you cut one stat in half (or possibly more than one stat) in exchange for a new one. Think of getting hit instead of agility or something along those lines.

I really like this change and I'm sure there will be some sort of regent or something gained from gathering that will allow you to reforge items. Since each profession will be able to reforge different types of gear (plate for blacksmiths, leather for leatherworkers, etc.), expect multiple reagents for each item type.

Do you think reforging will work this way, any additional ideas?

8 comments: on "Reforging - Cataclysm Ability"

  1. maybe they already clarified this but hopefully reforging will only be possible for crafted items. i think allowing raid drops to be reforged will cause all sorts of nightmarish loot drama...

  2. A reforged item will had a lower item score than the original alone.

    and it really make loot distribution really complicated.

  3. They said it'll be a way to make sure that bad drops you get that have a stat you don't like won't be as bad. Like as an ele shaman I prefer haste over crit. So if I get a new thing that has alot more spellpower on it but crit instead of haste like my old piece, I can "reforge" the crit into haste.

    I think it'll work with secondary stats. If not, It'll be kind of worthless.

  4. I never thought about the idea of using reagents. I figure that it will be similar to disenchanting, where you need to have your skill to a certain level in order to reforge it.

    I wonder how this will affect the AH/market. Suddenly all those trash green drops that were put on the AH just for disenchanting will now have more value.

    Do you think this will effect the cost of enchanting mats and the enchants themselves, especially the at the lower levels.

    I think its a good change, as a life long leatherworker, because there is some really useless gear out there, both crafted and uncrafted that I would love to change. Especially some of the rng crafted leatherworking gear

  5. This could hint as to where they feel gems will work in the new system as well I think.

    It's all speculation, I know, but it's an interesting idea.

  6. I think that unless other professions gain a hell of a buff that is more delicious than changing stats to suit your needs, Blizz is basically forcing certain classes to take certain professions.

    I mean that by your assertion that blacksmiths modify plate, leatherworkers modify leather etc.

    I'm quite fond of my BS/JC, and don't really want to have to drop either to pick up LW. Bad move. :(

  7. I think that unless other professions gain a hell of a buff that is more delicious than changing stats to suit your needs, Blizz is basically forcing certain classes to take certain professions.

    I mean that by your assertion that blacksmiths modify plate, leatherworkers modify leather etc.

    I'm quite fond of my BS/JC, and don't really want to have to drop either to pick up LW. Bad move. :(




    You can have another LW do the reforging for you. Some people will think they need it anyways to avoid paying other people tips, but in reality it isn't worth dropping your current profession and then paying to level another just to save 10g every so often. Also most people will have friends or guildies that would do it for free.

  8. Main Spec?
    Off Spec?
    Play Around?

    Main Spec reforge?
    Off Spec reforge?
    Play Around reforge?

    Shard?

    Oh damn, guys we need to rap this raid now. Sorry we only got thru one boss but we spent so much time on figuring out loot, the raid time is over. :P

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide