Golden Days


Mommar here.

Timeless Isle is a gold mine just for even the casual player.  Spending an hour finishing up the dailies can net you easily 200-400g.  As compared to the thousands that can be made through crafting and manipulating the auction house this might not seem like a lot.

Those that remember the beginnings of the game where a single gold was similar to pulling teeth to obtain.  Players who had thousands of gold in their coffers were rich beyond belief.   Expansions opened up more areas to obtain gold through crafting,  auction house manipulation and doubling of quest rewards when max level was reached.

But at what point does it stop being exciting to obtain gold?   I remember struggling those first 40 levels to obtain enough for my mount.  This was long before Blizzard basically gave you a mount as you hit level 20.  I would squeak as much profit as I could from hit or miss auction house sales and farming items to craft.  Running around Orgrimmar because someone offered a tip for me to craft something from my book.  Each 1g to 5g tip going into my wallet towards my so wanted mount.

Fast forward to now, and gold is not a problem for many.  It isn't even a measuring stick of just how good you are because a player can stumble bumble their way around the world of Pandaria to kill mobs and finish dailies for gold.  The Auction house bristles with large amounts of armor and gear, pets and mounts that are at inflated prices. 

This is where setting personal goals become more important than just looking at the bottom line numbers.  Many players set their sites on a larger than life mount that they want.  With the Black Market Auction House those hard to get mounts become available from time to time.  Mounts from the Collectible Card Game to drops from old instances.  Even just setting a goal of starting from scratch and working your way up to the top.  Anything that gets your mind motivated to go farther and keep your goblin ways from slipping by the wayside.

So what is your goal for the month?   For the next three months?   Are you prepared for the next expansion and just what gold opportunities will be there?  

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbear @ gmail. Dot com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up, and I will buy you a glass of juice. 


Tip For Timeless Isle
Be Prepared
Poor Poor Spirits of Harmony
Not Enough Loot On My Hands
10 Rules To Price My Golem.
Timeless Isle Tagging Is For Rich Chumps
Bring Me the Alchemist
Welcome To Loot Pinata Island
Last Minute Buys and Sells
Patch 5.4: Mental Preparation
You Found What????
Hearthstone:   The Beginning
Patch 5.4: Budgeting for the Patch
Get thee To a TradeSkillMaster 2.0
Patch 5.4 Prep:  No Sleep til Brooklyn
Customer First



Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide