I'm Not Dating My Guild



Sometimes you just have to step outside of making gold in World of Warcraft and learn to enjoy the game.   Enjoyment of the game and the people involved is truly what should keep people coming back for more.

My Guild as working on a flex raid in Seige of Orgrimmar.   We had picked up a few players in open raid and were progressing relatively well.   They fit in pretty well with our banter and slung a little bull around when necessary.

Around the last of the raid night one of them commented that he had a date and was needing to get ready.  Of course there was the necessary mocking and announcement that some female was more important than the raid.  It was all in jest because many of the members of our guild are couples including a few that live together.  Anyone who has lived with others for long periods of time will tell you that 'date night' is one of the lifeblood of a good relationship.  But this isn't a dating journal is it?

So after the prerequisite banter the player left for his date.   We continued on for a little bit longer then called it a night.  So I told you this part of the story so I could share another different view of the same story.

The boyfriend of a friend of mine was playing one of the Star Wars MMO.  As he was playing she took the time to go and shower.   Not to be graphic because this is a PG blog, but she stepped out of the shower and wore a towel and little else.  Coming up behind him she wrapped her arms around him.  His announcement that he was 'playing his game' took the steam out of what should have been a much more exciting night than the digital killing of mobs.

So why is this an important ideal to remember?   It won't be that long before those purples and awesome gear that drops in this raid instances will became the cannon fodder for every vendor and enchanter.   It may be 3 months or it may be 6 months before the next expansion but that sense of accomplishment will be replaced with a new adventure.   Your friends will be the next day or even the next week.   That relationship might need that power boost at that point. 

So if your friend comes up behind you,  wraps their arms around you and whispers in your ear.   Tell them to hold on a sec,   get on vent and then tell your digital friends that you will see them next week.

That's when you really win the game.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbear @ gmail. Dot com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up, and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Golden Days
Tip For Timeless Isle
Be Prepared
Poor Poor Spirits of Harmony
Not Enough Loot On My Hands
10 Rules To Price My Golem.
Timeless Isle Tagging Is For Rich Chumps
Bring Me the Alchemist
Welcome To Loot Pinata Island
Last Minute Buys and Sells
Patch 5.4: Mental Preparation
You Found What????
Hearthstone:   The Beginning
Patch 5.4: Budgeting for the Patch
Get thee To a TradeSkillMaster 2.0
Patch 5.4 Prep:  No Sleep til Brooklyn
Customer First






0 comments: on "I'm Not Dating My Guild"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide