Finally the end of Cataclysm


Mommar here.

So finally after 5| months after the cataclysm ended and the pandas invaded the last of my investments from cataclysm have been sold.   Having dabbled in low blues,   minerals,  enchanting materials,  a couple of Mechano-hogs and other odds and ends I finished forging,  selling,  repurposing and even some giving away to guildmates and friends of items I had saved for Mists of Pandaria.

After all the numbers are ground out including the giveaways I ended up with a profit range of around 55%.   Not quite what I expected but enough to make it worth the investment.    One thing I found that cannot be seen in the gross numbers is that I enjoyed searching,   working on strategies and overall investing of my gold.   Probably more enjoyment that I would have just from spending to buy items.

Some of the investments were disappointing including minerals.   There was not as much surge in the minerals market from the start as I expected.  Later on while the expansion was maturing sales began to pick up as there were less and less farmers looking at low level materials.

A lot of the 'blame' is laid at the feet of the BMAH.   Players with large amounts of money were looking to save gold for the mounts they always wanted.  While players just getting started were startled by the inflation on items as they were leveling.   This had a wave effect causing players to maybe be less apt to buy items that would be quickly tossed away.  

Some servers were much more healthy economy wise than others.  The more players on the server the more inflation could be adjusted and controlled.   And as with any Gold Goblin not all of my investments panned out.   But overall I was happy with what occurred.

Soon it will be looking to invest for the 5.2 patch.   We will be tackling that in the next week or so the more information that is released from players and the powers that be.   I expect a lot of chances for making gold and to make that swimming pool of gold a lot bigger.   Might need to build an extension on it soon.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Preparing For the Future:   Alts 101
Anonymous Gold Goblin 
Eyes On The Auction House Prize
Self Motivation: The Key To Success
BMAH Blues Return
How Not To Make Gold
Time Management With Faction Grinding
Receipt Isolation Sales
Breaking Through The Wall
Transmog Me First
Pay What
Outside the New Years Box
Heat Of The Moment
Five Star Sales
The Gauntlet Thrown Down
Post Holiday Toys



Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Finally the end of Cataclysm"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide