Anonymous Gold Goblin

Mommar here.

I firmly believe that your reputation in making gold is just as important as the techniques that you use.   Whether you choose to manipulate the market,  or grind out gold.   Your reputation is how players look at you on the open market.   The more friends you have the more you are apt to be told about major changes in the market.   The more enemies you have puts you in the place to have more financial assassins looking to put your pelt on their imaginary wall.

This is one of the reasons that I spread my sales across different accounts.   With the major players in online information having access to exactly what someone will post almost immediately,  it does not take long for players to black list your toon or to attack your strategies head on.

Black listing is provided in many addons to allow you to either ignore or target a players auctions.   They will know exactly how much you listed an item for and if they have the ability can craft or list the same item cheaper.   White listing allows a player to make sure that you never undercut or challenge a friendly player.  Many of the major auction house suites (TSM, Auctioneer) have a version of this strategy.

Even if a player doesn't use these in their day to day auction house chores.   A mental list of who to trade with and who not to trade with exists on every server.   If you have ever spent time in trade chat you will have someone put up a creative add only to see 3-5 players yell "scam" or "he did x to me and robbed me".  That is the black list that every server provides.

It isn't that difficult to track alternates for a player.  Many websites link both mains and alternates on a server or even cross servers.  Most players don't want to take the time to do this much research.  The more difficult you make it to track who is selling what from your account,  the more apt you are to stay under the radar.

When i started writing this journal I knew that I would become a target of sorts.   Players would both look for my auctions and challenge my listing.  Or they would out and out black list me because I was "changing the economy".   Even a couple of game masters have asked how I got this much gold on my accounts.  I told them exactly how I did it.  

Every transaction and every event gold related can raise and lower your reputation to both your server and other players.  Spreading out your sales will keep your competition wondering and keep you from becoming a target from malicious players.   Allowing you to keep the gold flowing into your accounts.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Eyes On The Auction House Prize
Self Motivation: The Key To Success
BMAH Blues Return
How Not To Make Gold
Time Management With Faction Grinding
Receipt Isolation Sales
Breaking Through The Wall
Transmog Me First
Pay What
Outside the New Years Box
Heat Of The Moment
Five Star Sales
The Gauntlet Thrown Down
Post Holiday Toys





0 comments: on "Anonymous Gold Goblin "

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide