Eyes On The Auction House Prize


Mommar here.

It's a crisp mid winter day at camp JMTC iowa branch.   As with every other day I woke up to do my daily chores and list some auctions.  

One of the things that I do on some items is keeping a close eye on their bidding.  Whether it is items that I want for my own personal need or selling items.   Keeping a close tab on auctions can give me a good idea of just how the market is flowing that day.

The auction house has an ebb and flow to it that can change even by the hour.   Now in no way am I saying do I sit there and scan the auction house every minute keeping graphic listings of each sale.   But anytime I'm close to an auction house to empty out bags or grab needed items from my banks,  I will duck my head into check to see what the status of certain sales are going.   First it's always nice to know that I have some gold that should arrive in my mailbox soon.  Also it gives me a chance to make adjustments if I need to cancel and relist an item that has been undercut by another player.

There are also days that I fire up auctions and forget them til the end of the day.  These are generally days that I'm used to there not being as much activity during the day.   Your non raiding days and days that there are a lot fewer players buying items.   This is determined many times by just trial and error.    Each server is different on what days the Auction house is more active.   Your research and own experience can help you determine what days you should be paying closer attention to your sales.

Another time to be paying close attention to your auctions is just before the normal late night hours of your server.  This is many times a good time to grab deals from farming players who just want to grab their gold and move on.   Undercutting of raw materials can be seen late at night.  So picking these up on the cheap can keep your production costs down.  

The last time I would pay close attention to your buying and selling is the night before the server restarts.   Blizzard grants us a heads up on how long the downtime will be.   With this knowledge you can make a quick view of what auctions will run out during this time or will arrive on the short sale list.   Making a small bid can gather lots of items on the cheap with just a few minutes of sorting and looking.

Your eyes and your experience are the greatest weapon when it comes to being a gold goblin.   Use your time management and visual skills well and you will be on top of the heap in no time.


Good luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Self Motivation: The Key To Success
BMAH Blues Return
How Not To Make Gold
Time Management With Faction Grinding
Receipt Isolation Sales
Breaking Through The Wall
Transmog Me First
Pay What
Outside the New Years Box
Heat Of The Moment
Five Star Sales
The Gauntlet Thrown Down
Post Holiday Toys




Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Eyes On The Auction House Prize"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide