Lost In The Guild Traffic


A long time ago in a far far far away expansion I used to raid consistently.   This was well before the times of Looking for raid check boxes.   There were two types of raids.  Guild raids and the random pick up raids that happened in trade chat.   I'm keeping from going through the including of having to walk 5 miles uphill in 6 foot of snow to get to those raids.  I'm old what can i tell you.

Many guilds have switched from a your on your own type of raid preparation to much more organization for potions,  weapons and crafting materials.   If you have a well prepared guild there really is no need for gold per see since the higher guild levels allow money to be deposited automatically in the guild bank.

But there is still a necessity to make sure that someone knows who does what.   I still find it interesting to see in my guild where people aren't completely familiar with what crafts player have.   Many guilds switched to a website system where the patterns they have are listed.   Having a simple pad and paper can save you lot of hunting to see who can do what.

All of my guild mates who actually pay attention know that they just need to drop material in the mail and ask me to craft it and the odds are I will do it for them.  If you have been keeping up with my writings and missives you know I do not charge Guildees for these types of services.   I fleece the unsuspecting to be able to provide for those I like (just kidding,  a little bit).

So the question I would ask is where is your niche in making gold?   Whether you are just starting your gold goblin ways or are experienced.  Do you still offer a slot to the guild to help?    Are you a gold expert to help the new guild members have a stable amount of gold for repairs?   Do you have the slot of craftsmen to prepare players needs and gear?   Are you just the information post that people can go to to know where to get things done?   Or do you even show up and say anything?   Are you lost to your guild because they have no idea what you bring to the table?

Being a guild member and being a gold goblin are very similar.  If your name and your items are not on every ones lists of needs,  then you are easily forgotten to others.  Others that may not be as experienced as you or have your capabilities.   The only way to know is to put yourself out there and make yourself known.

And that does not mean a little naked mail box dancing isn't fun also.

Good Luck and Good Hunting\


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Finally the end of Cataclysm
Preparing For the Future:   Alts 101
Anonymous Gold Goblin 
Eyes On The Auction House Prize
Self Motivation: The Key To Success
BMAH Blues Return
How Not To Make Gold
Time Management With Faction Grinding
Receipt Isolation Sales
Breaking Through The Wall
Transmog Me First
Pay What
Outside the New Years Box
Heat Of The Moment
Five Star Sales
The Gauntlet Thrown Down
Post Holiday Toys



Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Lost In The Guild Traffic"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide