Why you should be doing your Outlands Fishing Daily

I simply love doing the outlands fishign daily, it's one of my secret tips that I've kept to myself for a very long time. I'm sure some/most of you have done at least the stormwind fishing daily once or twice, the bag that you receive give you mediocre rewards at best, while the outlands fishing daily bag has a chance to contain a ton of valuable items & even four different pets.

There are a total of four different quests that you can obtain from , they are Bait Bandits, Felblood Fillet, Shrimpin' Ain't Easy & The One That Got Away. They're all extremely easy to do and require roughly 5-10 mins to complete.

First and foremost, I'll list the four pieces of level 1 clothing that can be sold at the AH for insane prices:

  • Antique Silver Cufflinks
  • Gold Wedding Band
  • Noble's Monocle
  • Ornate Drinking Stein 
The stein can and has reached up to 1500g on my server ( I've sold two of them in the past for 1250g/ea ), the others can be sold at the auction house anywhere from 100-250g per. It's simply great gold if you manage to obtain one of these from the bag that you receive from doing the dailies.


On top of the four mentioned items, you also have a chance at obtaining greys which can vendor up to 25g. If that's not enough, you also have a chance at an epic level 70 ring named The 2 Ring. This thing is semi-rare and is worth a small fortune. I've gotten one in the past and managed to sell it for 2500g after a week or so of listing it at the auction house.


Now, if that's not enough to convince you, there is also the chance at obtaining four pets. They're all the same type of a pet ( a small crocodile ) but each pet has their own coloring/shading. They're great if you're going for the pet achievements. With 4.1 is bringing the 100 & 125 pet achievements you'll want to do this daily if you don't have these pets yet.

What are you waiting for? You're only 5 minutes away from a possible 2,500g, get out there are do these quests!

11 comments: on "Why you should be doing your Outlands Fishing Daily"

  1. That much for an Ornate Drinking Stein? Some people are demented.
    It's a completely useless item, there are similar items like it and those you can actually use as weapon in both main hand and off hand. (they're level 80 epics and are cheaper on the AH then 1250G )

  2. I agree. I used to do the outlands fishing daily back in WotLK. May have to get back into it.

  3. The stein is rare and one of a kind. People will pay thousands of gold for a vanity item like this.

  4. The other day I sold the Noble's Monocle for 1500 within a half hour of posting it, and my server is normally wayyyyyy below the "suggested price" for these rare/vanity items. I didn't really want to sell it, just threw it up there not expecting to have it purchased, and was completely shocked when a notification came up that it sold. So I think 250g is really low to ask for it, I suggest starting out much much higher.

  5. How much fishing skill is needed? Stupidly i picked up fishing at 85 and it's not all that high yet.

  6. unknownloner said... April 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM

    If you can complete the outlands fishing dailies by fishing out of pools, it requires level 1 fishing. Blizzard removed the level requirements for fishing out of pools

  7. Well I'm a moron. I just got the monocle the other day and vendored it.

  8. Hey Mageshadow,
    Just a small correction. There's actually 5 quests that you can get.

    Crocolisks in the City is the 5th, and it's the ONLY way you have a chance at getting those 4 croc pets.

    "The Bag of Fishing Treasures that is rewarded from this quest has a different item ID then the ones given for the other daily fishing quests. I'm going to guess this is because developers wanted the baby crocolisk pets to only drop after completing this quest."

  9. I really like this post, lots of nifty info. never really thought about doing these dailys for any reason other than leveling cooking. Going to keep checking out more stuff around here rss for sure.

    I have a pvp blog if anyone is intrested as well. www.wtbskill.com shoot me a holla!

  10. Thanks for reminding about this daily!

    I decided to do it on my mage as it takes only 10 seconds to port to Shattrah. And 10 minutes later I got an Ornate Drinking Stein!

  11. Same here, I did it with my mage, and actually got the monocle. Sold for 300g after a little barking in trade. Could possible sold for more as Flock say. Braidy

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide