The Auction House Blues


The Auction house is the heart of the action for a gold goblin.  It's one of the most powerful areas we have to make money.  It also has become one of the most misunderstood.   

One of the reasons for this is the use of add-ons for most auction house tasks.   Please understand I am in no way against AH add-ons.  I use them everyday for common tasks and they are very useful,  and very powerful.  But the underline reasoning behind why they do these common tasks gets lost.

I dedicated some type playing Diablo 3 this weekend.  And the Auction house itself brought me back to the first time I approached the World of Warcraft Auction House.  At best it was confusing,  and at it's worse it was almost useless for the common player.   With experience and trial and error I learned some of the techniques that are shared now with you.  (as the saying goes,  I have taught you everything you know,  but I have yet to teach you everything I know).

One of the reasons it's important to understand how the base Auction house works on Warcraft is do to patches and new expansion packs.  Where many addons such as Trade Skill Master stay up to date.  Some addons such as Auctioneer may take weeks to update to a new patch.  Leaving many who have become dependent on it's usage out in the cold.   

So here is my suggestion to be ready for the next expansion.   Keep track of your "must have" addons,  especially the ones based on the auction house.  Keep them updated as much as possible,  even reading some of the notes to see if a beta version of the add-on is available.  If it appears that addon is no longer going to be supported,  it may be time to look for another add-on that will work similar to what you need.  

Another tip would be to turn off the add-ons you use for a day and get back into the idea of using the base auction house system.  While slowing down your gold making for that day,  it will prevent your goblin techniques to grind to a complete halt while waiting for an update to your favorite add-on.

Good Luck and Good Hunting

Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.  



0 comments: on "The Auction House Blues"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide