Random Dungeons: A Concert of Errors


Today I'm going to take a break from gold tips,  tricks and ramblings and give a little bit of a rant.   Or a jumble of words put together for your amusement.

Currently I run two of my toons through random heroics to maximize their valor points (mostly for the points to buy bracers to sell on the AH).   I have a warrior and a Rogue (so I like melee characters).

One of my instances was in Zul'aman.  This seems to be one of the roughest dungeons for new toons so it's expected to get a lot of wipes and deaths.  Part of the process of "random" dungeons.

On this particular epic run the healer who was a priest had already demonstrated his inability to keep his mouth shut,  barking at the tank to be better,  dps to be better etc.   Looking at his gear it was hardly epic in nature,  mostly from the Dragonsoul instances and a few pieces purchased.   The attitude seemed to be a Walmart special.

Now generally I keep my mouth shut in instances,  if someone gets lippy,  I ignore them,  do my job and collect my loot.  Sometimes I will speak up and say 'howdy' and of course,  there is the required bad Star Wars Jokes necessary during the last fight of Dragonsoul.   But in this case it wasn't my time to feed into the smugness of said healer.

But what struck me the most is that his Insistence on calling me "noob" and questioning my ability to handle dps.   Having learned early to always keep a dps meter in my addons I double checked the numbers,  yep second on the list which is acceptable.  But occasionally I seemed to be pulling threat from the tank.  Obviously not a good thing so needed to adjust my timing (3 count then go method).   This didn't seem to make the healer happy.  Somehow his decision was that I was obviously in defensive stance (for those that aren't familiar with warrior stances,  this is the stance you tank in,  it doubles your threat generation on your abilities).   I laughed simply because half my abilities I was dpsing with wouldn't be available in defensive stance.    After the next wipe (third boss in the rotation) I had had enough of his inability to play well with others and dropped the group.

So why did this strike me as something to discuss here?   Because for my 20 dollars,  I play a game,  make gold,  enjoy myself.  And my 20 dollars is just as equal to his 20 dollars.  He has every right to run his mouth,  mock everyone and be a pain in the rump to other players.  As I have every right to drop group and go do something else.

Every time that we play the game of Warcraft.  It's an interaction with other people.  Most hiding behind an anonymous name that the odds of you ever meeting in real life is slim and none.  But behind these characters an extension of your personality persists.  Even if it's a small portion,  that snob arrogant healer is exactly who he is or can be when given the right circumstances.

So maybe this entry does have a little bit about gold making.   When we are fleecing people on the AH for imaginary items,  we are leaving a little bit of ourselves to the public.   You get a reputation for being a straight shooter,  or a scam artist.   And where that reputation may never touch you in the real world,  it is still there in a world of your own creation.

So before you whip out saying "noob" or even worse saying that's "gay".   Remember that your showing your acorn of truth in your own self.  And many might think it's as glorious as you do.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.  






2 comments: on "Random Dungeons: A Concert of Errors"

  1. Agreed. People just love to shoot their mouth and act all superior. Really spoils the game. I just wished that there will be a realm for A-holes and the wannabe A-holes only ^^. Where all those players who has had multiple reports of being arrogant and abusive be sent if they still want to play. Its like WoW Alcatraz hehe. So they can each spew expletives and abuse each other alike themselves to death :D

    /Eyeshadowz

  2. Thanks for the comments.

    At the end of every expansion this occurs more and more often with random heroics/dungeons and even LFR.

    There begins to be a sense of entitlement that says I can mistreat people as much as I want because you need me. Now I find many times this isn't the norm, but a standout attitude from time to time. 8 out of every 10 runs I make on my toons, people are polite, they do their best and then we loot. Even if a group falls apart because of lack of numbers or difficulty they tend to be more polite than anything.

    As far as a seperate server for the obnoxious players. I'm not so sure that it isn't named Shandris somedays

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide