Measuring the AH of a "Wow Killer"


Diablo 3,   the latest "WOW killer" released on the 15th.   As with any new release,  server issues,  loading issues,  graphic issues and more issues than National Geographic have occurred.   Anyone who has been involved with a new game has this expectation.  Nothing ever goes completely smooth with the release of a new game.

As a gold goblin,  anytime I see a new "WOW killer" the first thing I look at is the Auction house system.  And how it compares to the World Of Warcraft system.   With Diablo 3 it was the Real Money Auction House (not implemented yet),  others introduced new vendors,  new crafting items etc.  But it always seemed to come down to how I could dominate that new system.

I was discussing Star Wars: The Old Republic mmo with a friend who had started playing the game during the beta.   Where he was excited about the characters and abilities,  it was obvious that at somepoint he would hit that wall of burnout that appears with many MMO's.   Doing the same things over and over again ad nauseum. At some point he would want to find something new to dominate.   Many turn towards PVP or achievements.  But like me,  he usually turns towards the AH on the game.  

The biggest question with the RMAH from Diablo 3 will be what will Blizzard learn from this to add to the franchise ship Warcraft.  Is there a chance that Warcraft will get it's own RMAH?     How would they balance the scales of new players,  giving them opportunities to gain real life money vs experienced players who have stockpiles of gold from the start.  

Then there is the secret MMO code named "Titan" that many gamers are waiting to hear announced from Blizzard.   What will it entail?   Will it truly be a WOW killer,  taking all the mistakes that happened with World of Warcraft and having it be at a running start from the beginning?

As Diablo 3 runs it's course and starts to age,  what will be the next "WOW Killer" and what rewards for the goblin auction house gurus will it bring?


Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.  





0 comments: on "Measuring the AH of a "Wow Killer""

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide