Life with no AH


If you have been reading my articles and ramblings here,  then you probably have put together that I have been splitting my playing time between Diablo 3 and Warcraft.    If you haven't caught on,  then I have been splitting my playtime between Diablo 3 and Warcraft. (Now your caught up).

Last night the Diablo 3 Auction house was disabled for commodities.   Not going into a large amount of details (if you want more info on Diablo 3 AH go talk to Markco here).   This downtime did make me wonder about a few things when it comes to the Warcraft Auction House.

What would players do when it comes to making gold if there was no auction house.   The auction house has not always been there.  And definitely it has not been as advanced as it is now.   So what would you do if you had no AH to play around.

Here is a quick list.

1.   Sell in trade/listen in trade

Still many times there are buyers and sellers in trade chat looking for specific items,  or linking to a crafting Profession.  got an epic wand of smackiness?  Nothing wrong with announcing that your crafting it for a set     amount of gold with the buyers materials.

2.   Archaeology

Yes it's slow,  yes it's tedious.  But your flying around anyway.  And some of those items can fetch a pretty   penny or two.   Where it won't make you swimming in gold,   it can pay the repair fees once you get high    enough.

3.   Quest/loot/

One of my favorite off AH ways of making gold.   Everytime I see an 85 begging for gold in orgrimmar the temptation to renounce them from the Horde strikes.   Level 85 quests are double the gold.  Some of the ones during cataclysm were putting 50-100g in my hands just for a little effort.   Bored?   grab an alt and cash in the easy way

4.    Random Dungeons/Heroics

This one is truly a no brainer.   You get gold each time you run a dungeon heroic.  You also get valor points for the first 7 runs a week (limit of 1000 per week).   After a week and a half of running,  you have enough to buy one of the bracers that people are continually asking for.   Advertise in trade chat and count your gold.   Justice points are also rewarded and you can sell the lower versions of the bracers as well in the same manner.

Thankfully we still have the warcraft auction house available to sell items and gain goblin gold dominance.  But you never know,  someday the AH might come to a screech halt for " maintenance ",  will you still have gold flowing or will it come to a stop?

Good luck and good hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@Dragonbearjoe" or leave a comment here. You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice.  







0 comments: on "Life with no AH"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide