Make Two To Sell One

Mommar here.

Lets face facts gang,   where there is still money to be made from farming,  it is dwindling to a low profit margin based against time.   With farmers undercutting each other down to the bare bone minimum it has become a buyers/crafters market.

On the flip side,  crafters are having to look more at investments instead of just looking at baseline money making opportunities.  There is not easy Elementium Shuffle with Mists of Pandaria to print your own money.   It takes more and more creativity to be able to build a baseline business

Some kind person decided to do a drastic undercut on the Ghost Iron Ore market.   I will give this person the benefit of the doubt that they weren't trying to collapse the Ghost Iron Ore market but had made a miscalculation on sales price.  

After buying all the ore I had a decision to make.  I could zip it over to my Jewelcrafter for some quick prospecting and post some new gems.   Smelt the bars and make a quick profit.  Or send them over to my Alchemist and transmute some Trillium Bars.   All three would net me a profit one way or the other.  

I decided to send the majority of the bars to be smelted and then transfer over to my Alchemist for transmute duty.  Keeping a rough track of how much I invested in the ore,  I knew what my selling point to reach a reasonable profit margin would be.   Saving some for my later Living Steel transmute timer I dropped them on the AH for sale.   They ended up selling after an hour at a decent profit.

So what is the big deal about this?    Why are you telling this story Uncle Mommar?   Because right now with the way Mists of Pandaria is set up,   the basics of investment and sales become that much more important.   There is no "easy" way to make gold other than questing and farming.   Granted it's not rocket science to make gold in Warcraft,  but there is not blueprint that truly will give you 100%

Your fundamental basics combined with learned traits will take you a long way in making gold during Mists of Pandaria.   Whether it's flipping items,  crafting for others or running around killing the bad guys for riches and fun.   Just keep in mind that if you make one,  then someone will want to buy the other one you can make.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Long Term Plans
The Measure Of A Goblin
Pulling the Deal Trigger
The Vikings Are Upon Us
Dailies For Second String
Flipping Out To Survive
Resetting The Plan
Discipline In the Ranks
The Professions Race To 87
Junk In The Trunk
I bought My Gear on Ebay
Time Is Money Brewfest Edition
Brewfest 2012:
Slow Markets Does Not Mean No Markets
Easy Money From Skinning in MOP
Warcraft Harvest Festival:  Whats it good for?
Leveling professions - Easysauce
First Day In Pandaland
The First 48
The Gospel of Goblin: MOP Edition
MOP Prep:  Last Minute Shopping
O Be Careful Little Goblin What You Buy
The End of Warcraft? Whats Next?
Not So Bottomless Bag of Holding



Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Make Two To Sell One"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide