When Numbers Lie


Mommar here.

Many of my resources when working the auction house in wow is based on add-ons.  I use add-ons to make crafting of items easier,  to tell me what is in my inventory on different toons and even obtaining information from off site pricing listings such as Theunderminejournal.com.

Would I be able to function without these?   Probably,  but then I would have to depend more on hard research than at the fingers information.  Which can be a blessing and a curse.

I was posting up items on my bank toon and had a couple of Prospector's Woolies in my inventory.  Much to my interest my add-on (http://tradeskillmaster.com/) was listing these at a value between 3500 and 4500g a piece.   That's a nice chunk of change for a low level item.   So looking at a little research I found that it was part of a semi popular transmog set Gypsy Garb (Recolored).

This definitely peaked my interest because transmog sets do sell from time to time.   So I listed the item at a 'discounted' price of 3500g.   12 hours later I relisted it for 3500g again.   Relisted the item for 3500g after 12 hours ad nauseum(you get the point).

Does this mean that it will fail to  sell for 3500g at some point    I'm a very patient person and 3500g is worth a lot of relisting.  But it did spark something in my brain about the price listing that some addons will show.   At the beginning of Mists of Pandaria there were many level 87-88 items that were being priced at 50,000g or even more.  One of my guild mates was lucky enough to obtain one of these and was asking how much to price it at.    Offering my supposed wisdom on the item I suggested he ignore what the add-on price offered and put it at a reasonable amount of gold.   The item later sold for 10,000g and he pocketed the amount.   Could he have received the 50,000g that the item was supposedly worth?  Maybe,  but it was a long shot that players would want to spend that much gold for an item that would be replaced relatively quickly as they reached level 90.

Accurate information is the plank that a gold goblin will create their view of the auctioning world.  Accurate information can come from many sources.   That information should be processed by a gold goblins wisdom and past experience.   So when something doesn't quite seem to fit,  the odds are that it doesn't.   So when that big bonus item drops into your lap,  look at the numbers and see if they are really telling the truth.

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Arrow to the Knee
Must Have Farming Equipment
But How Much Is It?
You Just Can't Fix Stupid
Trick or Treat Time 
Can Pokewow be saved?
Buying Patterns For Investment
How Not To Influence People
Long Term Plans
The Measure Of A Goblin
Pulling the Deal Trigger
The Vikings Are Upon Us
Dailies For Second String
Flipping Out To Survive
Resetting The Plan
Discipline In the Ranks
The Professions Race To 87
Junk In The Trunk
I bought My Gear on Ebay




Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "When Numbers Lie"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide