Resetting The Plan


Mo-Man here.

There are times that I wonder if the readers of these entries truly believe that these are the same techniques that I use to obtain my gold.   Similar to the infomercials that play on late night tv for the chop-o-fix-o-matic that guarantees that it will cut and slice through anything.  The same people that you will swear probably have a personal chef and hasn't hit that supposedly useful treadmill in 10 years.

Well,  to set things straight these are the same techniques that I use.  And generally I will tell you the truth whether they are successful or not.   In the past week I haven't been able to put all of my techniques in place due to limited game play.

Where I did find the leveling of professions on some very easy (alchemy is just completely insane on how fast it can level) to the known limitations that Blacksmithing and Leatherworking have (minimum level 87 to maximize the profession).  The money options have been less than successful when it comes to recouping my investment.

There are definitely certain items that shouldn't surprise me are still successful in selling.  Where all of the major epic weapons/armor sales have fallen by the wayside.   My engineer is still racking up the occasional sale from Flintlocke's Woodchucker.   Selling those have balanced out the lack of sales in the Jewelcrafting department.  

So I find myself into a quandry with the idea of resetting some of my ideas and taking a loss.   Wrath gems for now are relatively dead.   Where the blank gems can be converted something saleable, some of them have become vendor bait.  

Other long term investments such as pets and vanity items are taking a back seat to character leveling 
and profession leveling.   Players do not have as much free capitol to be able to purchase vanity items
or throw away items.   But then Mists of Pandaria expansion  is here for at least a year and a half
if not longer.

So has the panic bus pulled up to JMTC central?   Not yet,   I'm still in the plus column for MOP overall.
And I have yet to cut into any of the reserves I set aside for my rainy day fund.   Each profession had a 
certain amount set to invest towards leveling.  And two out of the 5 are on the plus side currently.  But
the changes in the professions have definitely taken its toll on expected sales.

So what's the lesson to be learned here?   That sometimes you can reset where you are at and figure
bottom level of success.    We are here for a marathon of sales,  and this was one small race in a much
longer series of races.   So look at where you are at now,   reset your thought processes if need be
and measure your success.   

Mike Tyson was quoted as saying  "everyone has a plan til someone gets punched in the face".   So 
if you were surprised by your lack of money making in the first week of Mists of Pandaria.  Consider
it your punch in the face and you have 11 more rounds to go.  

Good Luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Discipline In the Ranks
The Professions Race To 87
Junk In The Trunk
I bought My Gear on Ebay
Time Is Money Brewfest Edition
Brewfest 2012:
Slow Markets Does Not Mean No Markets
Easy Money From Skinning in MOP
Warcraft Harvest Festival:  Whats it good for?
Leveling professions - Easysauce
First Day In Pandaland
The First 48
The Gospel of Goblin: MOP Edition
MOP Prep:  Last Minute Shopping
O Be Careful Little Goblin What You Buy
The End of Warcraft? Whats Next?
Not So Bottomless Bag of Holding





Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Resetting The Plan"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide