Tales of Gold Goblin Bully


I've always choosen to use my powers of gold making for good.  Too often do I see or hear people flexing their muscles over how much gold they have (this always entails the idea of flexing over how much dps they do in an instance etc).

But every so often that little sneaky flexing comes out and I have to put someone into their place.   Whether it's to defeat the personal ego boss that someone has become.   Since the introduction of the BMAH this has happened more often than not.

My guild tends to keep us all informed on whats available at the Black Market Auction House.  So if a good idea pops up and someone really wants it we can go and bid.  Sometimes it's a little bit of a scuffle to stop being polite (you bid on it,  no you bid on it.  You really want it etc) but we work it out like a band of brothers and sisters should.

In this case the X 51 Nether-Rocket X-Treme was up for bid.   This is the two person mount that you obtain from the trading card game.   Mounts generally don't spark my interest but in this case I had wanted a two seater flying mount similar to this.   So I decided to send up one of my alternates to the tavern to bid with some gold in their pocket.

With about 30 minutes left I sat there and watched the bid start to climb.   It was already at 33000g and a few were hanging around Madam Goya looking for a cheap buy.   The price started to climb up by increments of 5000g.   A player popped up and bid 55000g and started to try to shoo players from bidding (not sure how that was going to work since my server is PVE server).   I could swear that this player (who was alliance) was throwing the World of Warcraft version of a hissy fit.   The time started to click down and I had a good idea when the auction would end.  I started to jump the bid up by increments of 1000g (Okay, truth be told I was having fun frustrating this player and his tantrum de jour).

About 5 minutes left before the auction was done I dropped the hammer on the auction and bid what I intended to pay for the item.   You could almost hear the sign of disapproval as my opponent left the field of auctioneer battle.  Others came to Goya to get a cheap trinket or mount only to run away in disgust.   The auction ticked completed and I went over to the mailbox to pick up my newly found mount.

As has been tradition with all of my mounts I stripped off all of my gear and did a grand tour of all of the major cities in my loincloth and a smile.   Enjoying my newly won prize and the story I could tell as I toured around the world enjoying the view.

Good luck and Good Hunting


Want to get in contact with me? . Email me at Dragonbearjoe @ gmail. dOT com or find me on twitter at "@JMTCMommar" You can find me hanging out on the Shandris Server, chat me up and I will buy you a glass of juice. 

Previous Entries

Chess Pieces Taking The Field
When Numbers Lie
Arrow to the Knee
Must Have Farming Equipment
But How Much Is It?
You Just Can't Fix Stupid
Trick or Treat Time 
Can Pokewow be saved?
Buying Patterns For Investment
How Not To Influence People
Long Term Plans
The Measure Of A Goblin
Pulling the Deal Trigger
The Vikings Are Upon Us
Dailies For Second String
Flipping Out To Survive
Resetting The Plan
Discipline In the Ranks
The Professions Race To 87
Junk In The Trunk
I bought My Gear on Ebay


Enhanced by Zemanta

0 comments: on "Tales of Gold Goblin Bully"

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide