Auctions Auctions Everywhere...

...And not a sale to be made!

How many auctions are on your server? I find that during the week there are around 10-14 thousand auctions and that during the weekend there are as many as 30-40 thousand on my server.

How many auctions do you post a day between all your characters. I usually range in the 500-1000 range when playing casually.

What does it matter how many auctions there are? Well it means competition and competition can often drive down prices. On the weekends it is quite interesting how in the mornings you can make huge profits but then at night watch flooders drown your awesome deals with undercuts. I made a post a long long time ago in a gal... Well you get the idea, the post was Saronite Saturdays, and I spoke about how you can make a killing saturday morning by buying out saronite ore and prospecting it. The same holds true for most items on saturday morning because most buyers are asleep and no one is purchasing the items from the night before. This means that if a couple of undercutters appear that their goods will drive down prices without anyone purchasing to offset their price changes.

7 comments: on "Auctions Auctions Everywhere..."

  1. Lucky... Alliance on my server is so sparse that we're lucky to hit 8-9k auctions on the weekend. Of that, I'd say I have about 60-80 auctions going at any given time.

    I'm still rather small-time, but as I've slowly entered the glyph market in recent weeks (in addition to my disenchanting) I'm doing a fairly steady 1-1.5k/week profit which is enough for me right now.

  2. On the server I play we have around 28k to 30k auctions during the week, on weekends it increases around 33 to 38k.

    My ah toon usually have around 300 to 400 auctions ongoing.

  3. I farmed for 30 mins in the "#1 Farming spot in Wrath"(btw thanks for that) and I got enough stuff where I put it on the AH and bought the lower priced.... Just last week I had about 130 auctions up, all that probably made me 2k gold in a month.

  4. On Dawnbringer, there are anywhere from 20-30k auctions at a time. Undercutting is a serious problem... except on the stuff I want to buy which is all over-priced! :)

    I've been a skinner since I created my character, but prices on Borean leather have recently fallen off the charts. A month ago I could count on at least 15g a stack; now undercutters are selling it as low as 7g. I no longer bother farming it except in the process of questing/raiding.

    Most of the money I make now is simply buying and relisting underpriced items. That's the only plus side to having so many auctions; there are always some morons who've posted items WAY below their market price.

    Of course, a lot of other players are doing this too, so I'm not getting rich off of it. But it's enough to support my needs, which is mainly repair bills and the occasional enchanting materials or gems for new gear.

  5. My record was 3750 auctions, out of 9250 total auctions. The "cartel" on the receiving end of that salvo ended up transferring servers by the time we were done.

    My current server bounces between 19K and 24K most of the time. I usually have about 600 auctions up (half of which are glyphs, which don't really count).

  6. I hate to say this, but I think we can blame a LOT of the market tanking issues on this new feature included in certain mods. Having the ability to quickly find undercut auctions, cancel them, and repost them with an undercut configured is... well, encouraging massive amounts of undercutting.

    I can totally see the benefits of these features, but there are major drawbacks too. I know at least 5 people on my server is using one or both of these mods in combo and some markets have tanked 50% in the past week :-( As they become more popular, I can only think we should expect more of the same.

    Massive viscous fast-paced undercutting. Tanking markets and prices.

  7. I just checked, 103 auctions from my gem market. I'm surprised it wasn't more =(

Post a Comment

Insider Gold Strategies

Enter Your Name & Email Below to Receive My 7 Theories On Making Gold... Guaranteed to Put You Ahead of 99% of Players Out There

 

 

Recent Comments

Subscribe to recent comments

Labels

Blog Archive

Featured On:

Just My Two Copper - WoW Gold GuideJust My Two Copper - WoW Gold Guide